Fire in NIC office in Tirupur Collectorate

Coimbatore: A fire broke out in the second floor of the District Collectorate in Tirupur yesterday, destroying some computers and accessories, the police said. No one was injured.

Some employees noticed smoke emanating from a room in the National Informatic Centre office and immediately alerted Fire and Rescue personnel who prevented the fire from spreading, the police said.

Short circuit in the AC duct is said to be the reason for the fire, in which some computers, accessories and telecommunication were destroyed, they said.

         

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *