Bengaluru: The Karnataka Film Chambers of Commerce is seeking to bring about a conciliation between multi-lingual actor Arjun Sarja and actress Sruthi Hariharan, who had accused him of “lewd and complete unprofessional behaviour” during a film shooting in 2016.
KFCC president S A Chinne Gowda convened a special meeting Monday to deliberate on the accusation made by Sruthi against Sarja and the complaint lodged by his father-in-law Rajesh against the actress.
Gowda told reporters that a reconciliation committee would be constituted to resolve such cases in future. Former KFCC president Sa Ra Govindu said a special meeting would be held on Wednesday where both the parties would be brought together to solve the matter amicably.
Govindu, however, sought to know why the actress took two years to rake it up now. Hit by the #MeToo storm, Sarja has decided to take a legal recourse against Sruthi. Sarja’s close friend Prashanth Sambaragi Monday said “Till August 20, 2018, Sruthi had been following Arjun on Twitter. If everything was so bad, then why did she follow him till August 20 and unfollowed him all of a sudden?”
“For her (Sruthi), it could be a matter of (being in the) limelight for four days but Arjun will have to suffer for the next 20 years. For the damage done, Arjun will consult his lawyers and then he will file a defamation suit either in Chennai or Bengaluru,” Sambaragi said.
Sambaragi also took on actor Chetan who has been supporting Sruthi. He claimed Chetan went against Sarja because the latter dropped him from a movie.
In her Facebook post two days ago, Sruthi wrote, “He pulls me closer with my body taut against his and asks the director if we could use this idea of foreplay in the scene. I was aghast.” In her post, she said “His intent seemed anything but professional. I hated that he did it and angry that I didn’t know what to say then,” she said.