Trust in Chennai plans to renovate temple in Vellore

The Kalpoondi Welfare Trust, Saligramam is all set to renovate Ambal Sannadhi of an ancient temple located in Vellore district.

“We received an appeal from the village people of Vellore Palayam near Arakkonam. In this village, an ancient temple was constructed about 1,167 years ago by Nandhi Varman III. The main deity are Sri Brammeswarar and the Ambal Sri Bramma Vidhyambikai. This temple is getting renovated by the Sri Brammeswarar Trust maintained by the village committee at a cost of Rs 50 lakh,” said Kalpoondi Welfare Trust trustee K R Gopalakrishnan.

“We visited the village and saw the works going on and decided to undertake the renovation of Ambal Sannadhi that runs to Rs 4 lakh. About 70 per cent renovation work of the entire temple has been completed and the rest 30 per cent will be done with the help of donations of devotees,” he said.

“Preserving our tradition, architectural beauties at any cost is very significant and necessary. Hence, we have taken up the renovation work,” said Gopalakrishnan.

The Kalpoondi Welfare Trust is located at CT2, Salma Royal Residency, No. 48/1, Arcot Road, Saligramam. Ph: 95437 15552 or 044-2376 5585.

Santhosh Mathevan