Four of family die of food poisoning in Karnataka

Bengaluru: Four of a family died of ‘food poisoning’ Friday while three others have been hospitalised after having dinner at their home in Chitradurga district, about 200 kms from here, police said.

The incident comes days after 15 died of poisoning after eating ‘prasad‘ at a temple in a village in Chamarajanagar district. The victims including three children, aged 12 to 13, had consumed Ragi balls and lablab beans Sambar last night, they said.

Soon, they all started complaining of stomach pain and vomiting following which they were rushed to the government hospital.

While four died, three children are undergoing treatment at the hospital. Police said they have seized the food sample and sent it to the forensic lab for test.