Man electrocuted while urinating on junction box in Chennai

Chennai: In what appears to be a scene from a Tamil film, a man suffered electric shock while urinating near an EB junction box on Poonamallee High Road, Kilpauk, last night.

According to police, Sachdev (20), a worker from West Bengal, relieved himself near the junction box when he suffered electric shock.

A resident of Avadi, he was contract worker with the Greater Chennai Corporation and was engaged in the work of laying stormwater drain in the locality.

He was soon rushed to Government Kilpauk hospital where the doctors said he passed away. A case has been registered by the Kilpauk police.

NT Bureau