Hyderabad: A major fire broke out at the Nampally exhibition grounds on Wednesday, where the All-India industrial exhibition, known as ‘Numaish’ was being conducted. The 45-day event was kickstarted on 1 January.
According to official reports, two persons were admitted to a hospital and there was no loss of life.
Preliminary investigation revealed fire started at around 8.30 pm due to short-circuit at a private bank’s stall and subsequently spread to other stalls; around 130 stalls were gutted in the accident, said reports.
Twelve fire tenders and tankers were rushed to the spot and subsequently the fire was brought under control by 11 pm; Telangana Home Minister Mohammed Mahmood Ali, GHMC Mayor B Rammohan and officials from the police and other departments arrived at the spot and monitored the rescue operations.
Several businessmen who had set up stalls at the venue demanded the government to extend financial assistance as they had suffered heavy property loss due to the fire.