Three of a family charred to death in AC blast

Chennai: Three members of a family were charred to death after an air conditioner exploded following an electric leak at Kaveripakkam near Tindivanam in Villuppuram district today.

Reports received at the police headquarters here said the victims were fast asleep when the tragedy occurred. The deceased were identified as Raju (60), who owns an welding shop, his wife Kala (55) and their son Gowthaman (26).

The victims were sleeping in the room, when the AC unit exploded and caught fire, in which all the three were charred to death. Police and fire service personnel rushed to the spot and removed the bodies to Government hospital for post mortem.

NT Bureau