Major fire breaks out at electrical shop in Porur

Chennai: A major fire broke out at an electrical shop at Shakthi Nagar, Porur, today, damaging several goods.

The shop is owned by one Mahendran, who lives in the neighbourhood and he has 15 employees working on testing several electronic devices.

At 5 am, residents noticed smoke emanating from the building and alerted the Fire and Rescue Services.

The fire which broke out on the first floor spread to ground floor. A few two-wheelers which were parked on the first floor were gutted in the incident.

Fire and Rescue personnel from Virugambakkam, Guindy, Kilpauk, Maduravoyal and Poonamallee were pressed into service. An inquiry by the SRMC police found a short circuit to be the reason for the fire.

NT Bureau