Chennai: “It took India 55 years to reach a $1 trillion economy. When hearts are with hopes and aspirations, we added $1 trillion in just five years. The common man was served even when transformational reforms were laid out. We have to invest heavily in infrastructure. Citizens felt the difference in every nook and corner. Our focus has been mazboot desh ke liye mazboot nagrik (strong citizens for a strong nation),” said Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman while presenting the Union Budget today.
She is the only second woman in the history of independent India to present the Union Budget.
* Schemes such as Bharat Mala, Sagarmala and UDAN are bridging rural urban divide and improving transport bridging rural urban divide and improving transport infrastructure.
* UDAY to be re-examained, new package for power sector tariffs, removal of unnecessary duties on power rates, open access & group captive projects to be initiated.
* In second phase of Bharat Mala project, States will be helped to develop roadways.
* Cargo movement in Ganga will increase 4 times in 4 years.
* Blueprint for a national gas grid, water grid, i-ways and airports to be unveiled.