Chennai: A minor fire broke out at the Tamilnadu Electricity Board (TNEB) office on EVK Sampath Salai, Egmore, this morning. The incident left three persons injured.
Three Fire and Rescue vehicles- two from Egmore and one from Vepery- were pressed into service to put off the flames.
Sources said, the fire began to spread inside the premises of TNEB office at 9.30 am and temporary staff Barani, Additional Divisional Engineer Suresh and foreman Lawrence tried to put out the fire suffering burns.
A short circuit is suspected to be cause of fire. “The break wire jumped. It flew and hit three persons. The officials are now fixing it. A major tragedy was averted,” a source said. They were rushed to a private hospital for treatment. Vepery police have registered a case.