Chennai: With the completion of CMRL work, the one-way traffic followed on Anna Salai will be made as two-way on trial run for two days from today.
The traffic police have requested the motorists to co-operate and follow the regulations in this regard, a press release release said.
Here are the new modifications.
* From Anna Salai to Whites Road Junction upto Anna Salai-G P Road Junction would be converted into two-way traffic.
* Existing one-way system on General Patters Road would be reversed, no entry from Anna Salai into G P Road and entry from Tower Clock (Whites Road) into G P Road.
* Whites Road existing one-way will be converted into two-way.
* Vehicle coming from Royapettah Tower Clock towards Anna flyover and traffic coming from Anna Salai flyover towards Royapettah Tower Clock will be allowed.
* As existing one-way traffic is to be provided in Smith Road from Whites Road towards Anna Salai, motorists can take right turn at that junction towards Spencers.
* There is no change in the route for the vehicle coming from the Anna flyover towards Anna Statue.
* Vehicles coming from Anna Statue towards Anna flyover (or) Teynampet can pass through LIC and TVS.
* Vehicles coming from Anna Statue to Binny Road can take right turn at Spencer’s Signal.
* Vehicles coming from Bharathi Salai can reach Anna Salai via; G P Road and Whites Road.
* Vehicles coming from West Cott Road (GRH) can reach Anna Salai via: G P Road (or) Whites Road.
* Vehicles coming from Binny Road can take right turn at Spencers Junction to go towards Anna flyover.
* Vehicles coming from Binny Road can take right turn at Spencers Junction and pass through Pattullas road to reach Whites Road (or) Bharathi Salai.
* Vehicles coming from Greams Road and Anna Flyover can reach Anna Salai-Anna flyover and Whites Road can take right and ‘U’ turn at Anna Salai-Whites Road junction.
* Vehicles coming from Anna Salai is prohibited to go through Smith Road to reach whites Road.
* Vehicles which are coming from Condron Smith Road-Peters Road junction should not enter into Thiru Vi Ka Road (Via Sathiyam Theatre).
Existing one-way system may be continued.
* Vehicles which are going from Whites Road to Anna Salai will take left turn towards Thiru-vi-ka Road and reach Anna Salai via Sathyam Theatre, Contron Smith Road junction and Peters Road.