Two die of electrocution in separate incidents in TN

Udhagamandalam: A class IV student and a 55-year-old mechanic died of electrocution in two separate incidents in Gudalur in Nilgiris district on Tuesday, police said.

In the first incident, nine-year-old Hariharan studying in Puliyampara Government Primary School had gone to the terrace of the school building where he came into contact with a live wire and was thrown off. He was taken by the school authorities to the government hospital, where he was declared brought dead, police said.

In the second incident, Luka Joseph was repairing a motor pumpset in a house when a portion of the wire touched the water in the sump. Joseph, who accidentally touched the water got electrocuted and died on the spot, they said. Both the bodies have been sent for a postmortem.