Chennai boy’s electrocution echoes in HC

Chennai: The Madras High Court today said it would take up the case of Dheena, a 14-year-old boy who died due to electrocution at Mugalivakkam, if it is filed as a petition.

Dheena was electrocuted when he was crossing a waterlogged area. Residents said the road was dug up and was not re-laid properly. So, the cable was jutting out of the soil and the boy was electrocuted when he stepped on it. When an advocate sought the attention of the court on the issue, it said it would take it up as a case if a plea is filed.

NT Bureau