Ahead of the India-China summit at Mamallapuram, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping will be meeting, Chennai City Traffic Police have announced major route changes within and on the outskirts of city for two days from tomorrow.
According to a press release issued by the police:
- Kathippara Heavy vehicles, goods vehicles, light goods carriers and tanker lorries will not be allowed to enter GST Road (from Airport to Kathippara), Anna Salai (Kathippara to Little Mount), Sardar Patel road, Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR) and East Coast Road (ECR), from 6 am to 11 pm on 11 and 12 October.
- From Perungalathur Vehicles moving towards Chennai will be diverted at Perungalathur via the Maduravoyal Bypass. Vehicles moving from south Chennai to northern areas will be diverted via the Chromepet-Pallavaram Radial road and the Maduravoyal bypass to their destinations. Vehicles coming from Tambaram and Chromepet will be allowed to use the Radial road, from 12.30 pm to 2 pm on 11 October.
- Grand Southern Trunk Road Vehicles plying on GST Road will not be allowed towards Guindy. Traffic will be diverted via the 100 feet road at the Kathippara junction, from 3.30 pm to 4.30 pm on 11 October.
- Old Mahabalipuram Road Vehicles coming into the city via OMR will be diverted at Sholinganallur junction via Perumbakkam, from 2 pm to 9 pm on 11 October. Same arrangement will be maintained on 12 October also from 7.30 am to 2 pm.
- Muttukkadu On 11 October, from 2 pm to 9 pm, vehicles will not be allowed to go towards Muttukkadu at Akkarai junction on ECR. Same arrangement will be maintained on 12 October also from 7 am to 1.30 pm.