Fire at Covid-19 hospital in Gujarat

Chennai: Days after fire mishaps in Vijayawada and Ahmedabad Covid-19 hospitals, a fire broke out in the Covid-19 ward of a two-storey hospital in Bodeli town of Gujarat’s Chhotaudepur district today morning.

Chief District Health Officer Dr Mahesh Chaudhary said, “a minor fire occurred in the switch board of COVID-19 ward following short-circuit in the morning. The blaze was controlled immediately by the staff with the help of fire extinguisher.”

There was no casualty in the blaze that erupted on the second floor of Bodeli Dhokalia Public Hospital, the official said, adding that 10 COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment at the facility were shifted to its lower floor and some of them were later admitted to other hospitals.

“As a precaution, the staff also shifted all the 10 patients to lower floor,” he added.

Chaudhary further said: “Later, after a health checkup, three patients were given discharge as they tested negative for coronavirus while seven were shifted to other hospitals in Chhotaudepur town.”

 

NT Bureau