Kangana demands Rs 2 crore compensation from BMC

Mumbai: Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut has amended her petition before the Bombay High Court to seek a compensation of Rs two crore from the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) for ‘illegal’ demolition at her bungalow.

A division bench led by Justice S J Kathawalla had stayed the demolition, saying that the civic body’s actions seemed ‘malafide’.

In her latest plea, Kangana alleged that the BMC’s decision to demolish her property was a direct consequence of her comments against the Maharashtra government.

Kangana Ranaut, who on Monday left Mumbai for her home State Himachal Pradesh, had said she had been terrorised with ‘constant attacks and abuses’.

She also declared that her analogy comparing the city with Pakistan occupied Kashmir was ‘bang on’.

“With a heavy heart leaving Mumbai, the way I was terrorised all these days constant attacks and abuses hurled at me attempts to break my house after my work place, alert security with lethal weapons around me, must say my analogy about POK was bang on,” she tweeted.

She said the protectors had declared themselves to be ‘destroyers’ and were working towards dismantling democracy. “But they are wrong to think I’m weak. By threatening and abusing a woman, they are ruining their own image,” she added.

Kangana Ranaut, who is involved in a war of words with Maharashtra government, on Sunday met with Governor Bhagat Singh Koshiyari at Raj Bhavan.

 

NT Bureau