New Delhi: A high level committee under the chairmanship of Union Home Minister Amit Shah has approved Rs 3,113.05 crore of additional Central Assistance to five States/Union Territories including Tamilnadu.
The allocation has been made to the States which were affected by floods/cyclones (Nivar and Burevi) pest attack during 2020.
While approving the additional Central assistance, Shah said the Union government has resolved to help the people of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Tamilnadu, Puducherry and Madhya Pradesh who braved these natural disasters.
The details of the allocation are as follows:
* Andhra Pradesh – Rs. 280.78 crore for floods during South West Monsoon-2020
* Bihar – Rs 1,255.27 crore for floods during South West Monsoon-2020
* Tamilnadu – Rs 63.14 crore for Cyclone ‘Nivar -2020’ and Rs 223.77 crore for Cyclone ‘Burevi-2020’. (Total Rs 286.91 crore)
* Puducherry – Rs 9.91 crore for Cyclone ‘Nivar -2020’
* Madhya Pradesh – Rs 1,280.18 crore for Pest Attack during Kharif-2020