Chennai: The disengagement process by India and China in eastern Ladakh is ‘complete’ after nine rounds of diplomatic and military level talks between the two neighbours, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said on Sunday, even as he hit out at Congress for ‘doubting’ Indian soldiers’ bravery.
The country will not allow any ‘unilateral action’ on its border and will pay any cost to thwart such attempts, he told the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha’s state conference in Salem.
“After nine rounds of military and diplomatic dialogue, the disengagement process is complete. But unfortunately the Congress is doubting Indian army’s bravery…. isn’t it insulting to the soldiers who do the supreme sacrifice,” he said.
Twenty Indian army personnel were killed in the Galwan clash with the Chinese troops last year during the face-off.
The government under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi ‘has never compromised with country’s unity, territorial integrity and sovereignty’ and it shall never do so, he asserted.
Earlier, India and China held extensive deliberations on expanding the disengagement process in eastern Ladakh at the 10th round of the military talks that lasted for around 16 hours.
The Corps Commander-level talks at the Moldo border point on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control began at around 10 am on Saturday and ended at 2 am on Sunday, they said.
The sources said the focus of the talks was to take forward the disengagement process in friction points like Hot Springs, Gogra and Depsang in eastern Ladakh.
The talks took place two days after both militaries concluded withdrawal of troops and weapons from North and South banks of Pangong Tso in the high-altitude region.