17 kids hospitalised after dead lizard found in noon meal

Cuddalore: As many as 17 children, all aged between two and four years, who consumed noon meal prepared at an anganwadi, were admitted to Cuddalore Government General Hospital after a few of them complained of giddiness, nausea and vomiting on Monday.

Children who ate food at an anganwadi in Poodhangati village began to vomit and faint. They were rushed to the Cuddalore Government Hospital. Parents also alleged that there was a dead lizard in the food which turned it poisonous.

District Collector K Balasubramaniam reached the hospital and spoke to the parents.

Speaking to the media, he said, ‘Food safety officers and other officials are conducting an investigation based on which action would be taken against those responsible.’ The Puduchatram police registered a case and launched investigations.

 

NT Bureau