Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Monday, May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • Tamilnadu Election 2026
  • Puducherry Election 2026
  • Other States Elections 2026
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • IPL 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Barcelona rallies to beat Valencia 3-1

Barcelona rallies to beat Valencia 3-1

NT BureauBy NT BureauOctober 19, 2021No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email
Madrid: Ansu Fati is quickly becoming Barcelona’s go-to player in the absence of Lionel Messi.
The 18-year-old Fati made his first start for Barcelona after a long injury layoff on Sunday, scoring a goal and earning his team a penalty as the Catalan club halted its losing streak by rallying to beat Valencia 3-1 in the Spanish league.
Memphis Depay and Philippe Coutinho also scored for Barcelona as it moved to seventh place, five points behind leader Real Sociedad and with a game in hand.
Fati returned to action last month after being sidelined for more than 10 months because of a knee injury, coming off the bench in three straight matches before getting his first start on Sunday and giving fans more hope that the club can rebuild around him after Messi’s departure to Paris Saint-Germain. He had already scored a few minutes after entering the game against Levante.
We’ve always said we need players like him, said Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman, who was back on the bench after a suspension of two league matches following a red card for complaining. It was his first start and it was already decided with the doctors that he would only play for about an hour. We don’t want to overwork him in such an important week for us. Barcelona was coming off two defeats before the international break — 2-0 at Atlético Madrid in the league and 3-0 at Benfica in the Champions League. It had won only once in its last six matches in all competitions.
Barcelona has begun a three-game home stint that Koeman called key to getting the team back on track. It will next play a critical Champions League game against Dynamo Kyiv on Wednesday and then the first clásico of the season against Real Madrid.
It was a very important win, we are in a key week in the season, Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong said. We started it well by earning points and gaining confidence, that’s very important for the club right now. The loss extended Valencia’s winless streak to five matches. It dropped to ninth place in the league.
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleIPL was perfect preparation for T20 WC: Hazlewood
Next Article Covid-19: India records 13.058 new cases and 164 deaths
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Latest Posts

Veteran Tamil Film Producer K. Rajan Dies by Suicide in Chennai

NT BureauMay 17, 20260

Popular Tamil film producer K. Rajan died by suicide on Sunday, May 17, in Chennai. He was 85. Police have registered a case and an investigation is currently underway to ascertain the circumstances leading to his death.

Rajinikanth Dismisses Rumours, Congratulates Vijay After Electoral Victory

NT BureauMay 17, 20260

Amid widespread speculation on social media following Chief Minister Vijay’s electoral victory in Tamil Nadu, actor Rajinikanth on Sunday issued a clarification while speaking to reporters at his Poes Garden residence in Chennai

TVK Cabinet Portfolios Allocated to 9 Ministers, K A Sengottaiyan Gets Finance

NT BureauMay 16, 20260

Marking a significant development in Tamil Nadu’s political landscape, portfolios have been allocated to nine ministers in the TVK cabinet. Chief Minister Vijay has retained key departments, while other Ministers have been assigned sector-specific responsibilities.

E-paper 16 May 2026

NT BureauMay 16, 20260

Governor Arlekar cuts convoy size

NT BureauMay 16, 20260

In a move aimed at promoting responsible fuel usage and administrative restraint, Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar has ordered a significant reduction in the number of police escort vehicles accompanying his official convoy across Tamil Nadu.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • Veteran Tamil Film Producer K. Rajan Dies by Suicide in Chennai
  • Rajinikanth Dismisses Rumours, Congratulates Vijay After Electoral Victory
  • TVK Cabinet Portfolios Allocated to 9 Ministers, K A Sengottaiyan Gets Finance
  • E-paper 16 May 2026
  • Governor Arlekar cuts convoy size
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 9   +   2   =  
Lost password?