Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • Tamilnadu Election 2026
  • Puducherry Election 2026
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • IPL 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home Ā» TN shifts mega vaccine drive to 14 November

TN shifts mega vaccine drive to 14 November

NT BureauBy NT BureauNovember 5, 2021No Comments
🌐 Translate ā–¾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

Chennai: The eighth mega vaccination drive to be held across Tamilnadu tomorrow has been shifted to 14 November, reports said. It is learnt that 50,000 camps are being set up in the State.

Stating that efforts were under way to achieve 100 per cent administration of first dose by the end of November, Health Minister M Subramanian said during the seven mega vaccination camps held so far, 1,51,13,382 people had been inoculated.

Vaccination at homes will be carried out during the eighth mega camp, the Minister said. The scheme to reach out to people in villages through mobile camps was launched in Sarvampakkam, Nallamoor, Keezhkarunai, Kaatudevanur and Vilankanur panchayats in Chengalpattu district.

Talking about the mobile vaccination units, he said a team of doctors, nurses, computer operators and assistants would go door-to-door on the vehicle to find those who need to be vaccinated in their respective villages. They will vaccinate people during the weekdays while the mega vaccination drive will be conducted on the weekends.

The mobile medical team has been provided with all vaccination details of individuals in the respective area.

‘The number of cases has reduced to less than 1,000. But the risk has increased because of crowding in commercial areas. Greater Chennai Corporation Commissioner has ordered the removal of all roadside vendors of cooked food and ice cream on Ranganathan Street until Deepavali. Crowding by people who purchase food from the vendors increases the risk. We empathise with the street vendors. But we have to prevent crowding during the pandemic,’ Subramanian said.

On the increase in cases after the festival season in West Bengal and Kerala, Subramanian said the government was taking initiatives to prevent any increase in the number of cases after Deepavali.

 

Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleReview: Enemy
Next Article GV Prakash to score music for Ravi Team’s film
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Latest Posts

E-paper 20 May 2026

NT BureauMay 20, 20260

Young CC clinches TBSCA B-Zone TitleĀ 

AgencyMay 20, 20260

Chennai, May 30: Young CC emerged champions of the TBSCA-Shri Gururaghavendraswamy League-Cum Knockout Trophy 2025…

KKR face must-win test

AgencyMay 20, 20260

Kolkata, May 20: Their campaign hanging by a thread, Kolkata Knight Riders will have no…

Sooryavanshi takes Royals closer to play-offs

AgencyMay 20, 20260

Jaipur, May 20: Vaibhav Sooryavanshi continued his evening ritual of leaving spectators spellbound with a…

Italian Premier Meloni hosts dinner for Modi

NT BureauMay 20, 20260

Italian Premier Giorgia Meloni hosted Prime Minister Narendra Modi for dinner and accompanied him on a visit to the iconic Colosseum ahead of their formal talks aimed at further boosting India-Italy ties.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • E-paper 20 May 2026
  • Young CC clinches TBSCA B-Zone TitleĀ 
  • KKR face must-win test
  • Sooryavanshi takes Royals closer to play-offs
  • Italian Premier Meloni hosts dinner for Modi
Ā© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 2   +   9   =  
Lost password?