Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home Ā» Sambhal violence: Death toll rises to 4; opposition blames BJP
NATION

Sambhal violence: Death toll rises to 4; opposition blames BJP

AgencyBy AgencyNovember 25, 2024No Comments
🌐 Translate ā–¾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

The death toll in the Sambhal violence rose to 4 on Monday morning. The district administration has imposed prohibitory orders and barred the entry of outsiders till November 30.

The violence took place on Sunday during a court-ordered survey of a mosque. The court recently ordered the survey responding to a plea that claimed the mosque had been built on the ruins of a Hindu temple. Gopal Sharma, a local lawyer for the Hindu side, had claimed the temple was demolished by Mughal emperor Babur in 1529.

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi attacked the BJP today, saying the party was responsible for vitiating the situation.

“The biased and hasty attitude of the state government on the recent dispute in Sambhal, Uttar Pradesh is extremely unfortunate. My deepest condolences to those who lost their loved ones in the violence and firing. The administration’s insensitive action without listening to all parties further vitiated the situation and resulted in the death of many people – for which the BJP government is directly responsible,” he wrote on X.

“BJP’s use of power to create rift and discrimination between Hindu-Muslim communities is neither in the interest of the state nor the country. I request the Supreme Court to intervene in this matter as soon as possible and provide justice,” he said.

Sambhal violence: Death toll rises to 4; opposition blames BJP
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleSC upholds inclusion of ā€˜socialist’ and ā€˜secular’ in Preamble, junks challenges
Next Article Opposition MPs write to LS Speaker Om Birla to extend Waqf JPC tenure

Related Posts

NATION

Delhi cops deny excessive force during CJP protest

August 18, 2026
NATION

8 labourers killed as pick-up vehicle collides with truckĀ 

August 18, 2026
NATION

PIL on lack of toilets for girls in govt schools to be heard by another bench: SC

August 18, 2026
NATION

Prashant Kishor takes oath as Bihar MLA; says it’s ‘big responsibility’

August 18, 2026
NATION

Ram Temple donations row: SC asks SIT to conclude probe expeditiously, file status report

August 18, 2026
NATION

Rahul Gandhi seeks accountability over UGC-NET exam cancellation by NTA

August 18, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts

E-paper 18 August 2026

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

Delhi cops deny excessive force during CJP protest

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

The Delhi Police has denied allegations of excessive force against student protesters during the July 20 agitation at Jantar Mantar, telling the Supreme Court that the large turnout and violence after barricades were breached necessitated the use of graded force.

Sathuranga Vettai 2 finally heading for release after long wait

AgencyAugust 18, 20260

Natti Nataraj’s Sathuranga Vettai, which earned a good response from audiences, is set to get a sequel with Sathuranga Vettai 2, which has been waiting for release for several years.

DMK mouthpiece Murasoli attacks Vijay over Trisha’s front-row seat

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

The DMK’s official newspaper Murasoli has criticised Tamil Nadu Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay over actor Trisha being seated in the front row during the Independence Day celebrations at Fort St George on August 15.

8 labourers killed as pick-up vehicle collides with truckĀ 

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

Eight labourers were killed and 32 others injured after their pick-up vehicle collided with a truck in Madhya Pradesh’s Bhind district in the wee hours of Tuesday, police said.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • E-paper 18 August 2026
  • Delhi cops deny excessive force during CJP protest
  • Sathuranga Vettai 2 finally heading for release after long wait
  • DMK mouthpiece Murasoli attacks Vijay over Trisha’s front-row seat
  • 8 labourers killed as pick-up vehicle collides with truckĀ 
Ā© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 6   +   9   =  
Lost password?