Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Sunday, May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • Tamilnadu Election 2026
  • Puducherry Election 2026
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • IPL 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » US Open: Sumit Nagal in main draw

US Open: Sumit Nagal in main draw

AgencyBy AgencyAugust 6, 2020No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

New York: Young Indian tennis player Sumit Nagal is set to compete in his second Grand Slam main draw after receiving a direct entry into the US Open, which several top players will miss due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The world number 127 is the last man to receive a direct entry, according to the tournament website.

It will be Nagal’s second appearance at the US Open, starting August 31, and he is the only Indian in the men’s field with Prajnesh Gunneswaran, ranked 132, missing out.

It feels good to make a main draw of a Slam again since I have only made one main draw yet.

I understand the situation is not the same this year. I am looking to fly to USA after my challengers in Czech Republic, Nagal told PTI from Germany before a training session.

Last year, Nagal reached his maiden Grand Slam at the US Open after winning all his qualifying round matches to set up a dream encounter with the legendary Roger Federer.

In the much-anticipated clash, the 22-year old from Jhajjar took a set off Federer before going down 6-4 1-6 2-6 4-6.

Talking about this year, Nagal said, I don’t have much expectations, I just want to go and do what I enjoy which is playing tennis.

Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleNegligence probed in deadly Beirut blast
Next Article Pakistan criticises bhumi puja of Ayodhya Ram temple
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Latest Posts

E-paper 23 May 2026

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Coal mine gas explosion in China kills 82

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Eighty-two people were killed in a gas explosion in a coal mine in China, according to an official media report.

Theatre owners seek ₹250 cap on ticket prices

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Representatives of the Multiplex Theatre Owners’ Association have submitted a petition to Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay, urging the Tamil Nadu government to revise movie ticket pricing and fix the maximum ticket rate at ₹250 across theatres in the state.

Vijay did not give opportunities based on caste: HR & CE Minister Ramesh

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments (HR & CE) Minister Ramesh has stated that Chief Minister Vijay has not given opportunities or responsibilities based on caste, rejecting allegations suggesting otherwise during a media interaction.

Inquiry ordered into death of nursing student at Tiruchy GH

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

The Tamil Nadu Health and Family Welfare Department has ordered a high-level inquiry into the death of a nursing student at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital (MGMGH), which is attached to the KAP Viswanatham Government Medical College in Tiruchy. The action follows allegations that the student died due to medical negligence during treatment for a nasal blockage condition.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • E-paper 23 May 2026
  • Coal mine gas explosion in China kills 82
  • Theatre owners seek ₹250 cap on ticket prices
  • Vijay did not give opportunities based on caste: HR & CE Minister Ramesh
  • Inquiry ordered into death of nursing student at Tiruchy GH
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 2   +   3   =  
Lost password?