Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Saturday, August 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home Ā» Govt panel recommends Corbevax as booster
NATION

Govt panel recommends Corbevax as booster

AgencyBy AgencyAugust 3, 2022No Comments
🌐 Translate ā–¾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

A government panel on Covid immunisation has recommended allowing Biological E’s Corbevax as a precaution dose for adults fully vaccinated with either Covishield or Covaxin, official sources said on Tuesday.
If approved by the government, this would be the first time a booster dose of a Covid vaccine different from the one used for primary vaccination would be allowed in the country.
The COVID-19 Working Group of the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (NTAGI) made the recommendation in its 48th meeting held on July 20, an official source told PTI.
“Corbevax may be considered for a third/precaution dose six months after completion of primary series of Covaxin or Covishield vaccines for population above 18 years wherever indicated,” the recommendation stated.
India’s first indigenously developed RBD protein subunit vaccine Corbevax is currently being used to inoculate children in the age group of 12 to 14 years under the COVID-19 Immunisation programme.
The COVID-19 Working Group (CWG), in its July 20 meeting, reviewed data of the double-blind randomized phase-3 clinical study which evaluated the immunogenicity and safety of booster dose of Corbevax vaccine when administered to COVID-19-negative adult volunteers of age 18-80 years previously vaccinated with two doses of either Covishield or Covaxin.
“Following the examination of the data, the CWG observed that Corbevax vaccine can induce significant increase in antibody titers when given to those who have received either Covaxin or Covishield, which is likely to be protective as per the neutralization data also,” the source said.
The Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) on June 4 approved Corbevax as a precaution dose for those aged 18 and above.
At present, the same COVID-19 vaccine which has been used for administration of first and second doses is being given as precaution dose to all aged 18 years and above.
More than 4.13 crore precaution doses have been administered in the 18-59 age group while over 5.11 crore precaution doses have been given to those aged 60 and above and heathcare and frontline workers.

Covid Booster
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleThe right way to Stop Having Expectations within a Relationship
Next Article Pelosi arrives in Taiwan, defying Beijing

Related Posts

TAMIL NADU

DMK revamps organisation, sets age & term limits

August 22, 2026
NATION

Locals push CJP team out of Rajasthan village

August 22, 2026
NATION

SC comes to rescue of 105-yr-old murder convict, makes its 2024 bail order final

August 22, 2026
NATION

Ten injured as crane topples onto houses in Mumbai’s Kurla

August 22, 2026
NATION

ED raids Kadapa MP YS Avinash Reddy, others in PMLA case

August 22, 2026
NATION

Bhavnagar spurious liquor tragedy: 61 affected; 25 still in hospital; 10 critical

August 22, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts

Don’t post expunged Assembly remarks as reels: Speaker

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker JCD Prabhakar on Saturday warned that remarks expunged from the House records should not be circulated on social media as reels or in any other form.

Public pay last respects to Sowcar Janaki

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Members of the public, film personalities and political leaders are paying their last respects to veteran actor Sowcar Janaki, whose mortal remains was kept at her residence in Teynampet.

Water released from Karnataka lifts Cauvery inflow

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Inflow into the Cauvery at Hogenakkal rose to 12,000 cusecs on Saturday following continued releases from Karnataka’s Kabini and Krishnarajasagar (KRS) dams, prompting authorities to maintain safety restrictions for tourists at the popular waterfall destination.

CM Vijay congratulates TN teachers on National Awards

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister C Vijay on Saturday congratulated two teachers from the state who have been selected for the National Teachers’ Awards to be presented on the occasion of Teachers’ Day.

TNCC chief flays Centre for bank withdrawal charges

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Tamil Nadu Congress Committee president and Virudhunagar MP B Manickam Tagore on Saturday criticised the Centre over the proposed charges for cash withdrawals from basic bank accounts, alleging that the Narendra Modi government was imposing a financial burden on poor and vulnerable sections.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • Don’t post expunged Assembly remarks as reels: Speaker
  • Public pay last respects to Sowcar Janaki
  • Water released from Karnataka lifts Cauvery inflow
  • CM Vijay congratulates TN teachers on National Awards
  • TNCC chief flays Centre for bank withdrawal charges
Ā© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 0   +   3   =  
Lost password?