Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Monday, August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Uzbekistan arrests four over Indian cough syrup deaths
NATION

Uzbekistan arrests four over Indian cough syrup deaths

AgencyBy AgencyJanuary 7, 2023No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

Uzbekistan has arrested four people in an investigation into the deaths of 19 children who consumed cough syrup made by Indian drug maker Marion Biotech, the Uzbek state security service said on Friday. Two of the detained were senior employees of the Scientific Center for Standardization of Medicines, who circumvented the proper testing procedures for the Doc-1 Max cough syrup, it said. Two others were executives of the Quramax Medikal company that imported the Marion Biotech drugs. Marion Biotech said last month, shortly after the series of deaths, that it had halted production of the syrup. Uzbekistan’s health ministry had said the syrup contained a toxic substance, ethylene glycol, and was administered in doses higher than the standard dose for children, either by their parents, who mistook it for an anti-cold remedy, or on the advice of pharmacists. The Uzbekistan case follows deaths of at least 70 children in Gambia that a parliamentary committee had linked to cough and cold syrups manufactured by New Delhi-based Maiden Pharmaceuticals. The company denied any wrongdoing and Indian government inspectors found no contamination in test samples.

Uzbekistan arrests four over Indian cough syrup deaths
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleKenyan LGBTQ activist’s body found in metal box
Next Article Building collapse in Iraq kills 3, injures 9

Related Posts

NATION

2 more Air India pilots fail drug screening test

August 17, 2026
NATION

Vande Mataram row: Amit Shah says Sonia Gandhi should apologise

August 17, 2026
NATION

Passenger’s pistol ‘accidentally discharged’ during screening at Varanasi airport; 2 injured

August 17, 2026
NATION

NLSIU students, alumni oppose CJI Surya Kant, BCI chairman attending convocation

August 17, 2026
NATION

FDA notice to Shah Rukh, Ajay Devgn and Tiger Shroff over Vimal Elaichi ad

August 17, 2026
NATION

Proud to be ‘dimagi Naxal’: Congress P Chidambaram hits back at PM Modi

August 17, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts

2 more Air India pilots fail drug screening test

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

Two more pilots of the Air India group have returned non-negative results in mandatory psychoactive substance screening, days after the airline introduced compulsory testing for its pilots following the Phuket-Delhi flight fiasco, sources said on Monday.

5th TN international kite festival concludes successfully

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

The 5th Tamil Nadu International Kite Festival, organised by the Tamil Nadu Tourism Department in association with Global Media Box at the TTDC Ocean View premises in Mamallapuram, concluded successfully drawing more than 40,000 visitors over three days.

HC orders Dawn Pictures to secure ₹8.39 cr in Sudha Kongara case

Balasubramani MuniyandiAugust 17, 20260

The Madras High Court has directed Dawn Pictures Private Limited, producer of the Sivakarthikeyan-starrer Parasakthi, to furnish security for ₹8.39 crore in connection with a remuneration dispute filed by director Sudha Kongara.

DMK walks out, Udhayanidhi attacks TVK government

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

The DMK staged a walkout from the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Monday, alleging that the TVK government had failed to provide a satisfactory explanation over the murder of Coimbatore college student Amudhan and other issues involving sexual assault and drug-related crimes.

Meghamalai Row: Minister blames DMK, Promises quick solution

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

The Meghamalai issue triggered a heated exchange in the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Monday, with Minister Nirmalkumar accusing the previous DMK government of mishandling the region’s legal and administrative issues and assuring that the TVK government would take all possible steps to find a permanent solution.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • 2 more Air India pilots fail drug screening test
  • 5th TN international kite festival concludes successfully
  • HC orders Dawn Pictures to secure ₹8.39 cr in Sudha Kongara case
  • DMK walks out, Udhayanidhi attacks TVK government
  • Meghamalai Row: Minister blames DMK, Promises quick solution
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 4   +   9   =  
Lost password?