Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Thursday, August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » North Korea fires 2 ballistic missiles towards East Sea
TOP STORIES

North Korea fires 2 ballistic missiles towards East Sea

AgencyBy AgencyMarch 28, 2023No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

Moments before a US aircraft carrier staged joint drills with South Korea in waters south of Jeju Island, Pyongyang fired two short-range ballistic missiles (SRBMs) toward the East Sea on Monday, Yonhap News Agency reported. The Joint Chiefs of Staff (JSC) said it detected the launches between 7:47 a.m. and 8 a.m. (local time) from the Chunghwa County area in North Hwanghae Province. The missiles flew 370 kilometres before crashing into the sea, Yonhap News Agency stated in its report. Pyongyang’s latest provocation came as South Korea and the US began the Ssangyong (dual dragon) amphibious landing exercise last week. It is set to conclude next Monday. The USS Nimitz aircraft carrier strike group also trained together with the South’s major warships in waters south of the peninsula Monday, Yonhap reported citing the South Korean Navy. “On the basis of the South Korea-US alliance over the past 70 years, the South Korean and U.S. navies have established a robust combined maritime defence posture,” Yonhap News Agency quoted the South Korean Navy Captain as saying. “This exercise not only demonstrated the alliance’s overwhelming capability and (combat) posture but also served as an opportunity to further strengthen the combined defence posture to defend the Republic of Korea,” he added. Last week, North Korea tested a new underwater nuclear-capable attack drone, Al Jazeera reported citing the country’s state news agency KCNA said on Friday. Significantly, the drone operated continuously for 59 hours underwater before being destroyed as part of a drill to intimidate the US and South Korean armed forces. The North Korean military deployed and test-fired the new weapons system this week during a military drill directed by Kim Jong Un, with the aim to determine if it could produce a deadly blast and wave on a “super-scale.” According to KCNA, “This nuclear underwater assault drone may be launched at any coast and port or operated while being towed by a sur

North Korea fires 2 ballistic missiles towards East Sea
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleDalai Lama names Mongolian boy as third highest leader in Buddhism
Next Article Singapore PM in China on week-long visit

Related Posts

NATION

‘Implement Cauvery water orders strictly’

August 20, 2026
NATION

Karnataka submits revised DPR for Mekedatu dam

August 20, 2026
TAMIL NADU

South CMs meet: DKS pitches Mekedatu as water-sharing solution

August 20, 2026
WORLD

Man stabbed to death in Sydney

August 20, 2026
WORLD

Indian-origin couple killed in UK aircraft crash

August 20, 2026
WORLD

Congo’s Ebola outbreak breaches 5,000-mark

August 20, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts

‘Implement Cauvery water orders strictly’

NT BureauAugust 20, 20260

Chief Minister Vijay on Thursday urged the Centre and the southern States to ensure that the Supreme Court’s directions and the orders of the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CWMA) on the sharing of Cauvery water are strictly implemented, while calling for inter-State river disputes to be handled with mutual trust, scientific evidence and respect for the law.

Karnataka submits revised DPR for Mekedatu dam

NT BureauAugust 20, 20260

Karnataka has submitted a revised Detailed Project Report (DPR) to the Central Government for its proposed Mekedatu dam across the Cauvery, reviving a long-standing inter-State dispute with Tamil Nadu.

Massive fire at paper mill in Tirunelveli

NT BureauAugust 20, 20260

Goods worth several lakh rupees were destroyed after a massive fire broke out at a private paper mill at Vadukampatti near Kallur in Tirunelveli district on Wednesday, with firefighting operations continuing for a second day on Thursday as the blaze remained difficult to bring under control.

South CMs meet: DKS pitches Mekedatu as water-sharing solution

NT BureauAugust 20, 20260

Karnataka Chief Minister D.K. Shivakumar on Thursday used the South Indian Chief Ministers’ Conference in Kovalam to pitch the proposed Mekedatu dam across the Cauvery as a project that, he said, could benefit both Karnataka and Tamil Nadu by storing water for use during periods of scarcity.

Sivakasi fireworks inspections politicised: Minister Keerthana

NT BureauAugust 20, 20260

Industries Minister Keerthana on Thursday accused the Opposition of politicising the issue of inspections at fireworks manufacturing units in Sivakasi, even after the government had addressed the concerns raised by workers and manufacturers.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • ‘Implement Cauvery water orders strictly’
  • Karnataka submits revised DPR for Mekedatu dam
  • Massive fire at paper mill in Tirunelveli
  • South CMs meet: DKS pitches Mekedatu as water-sharing solution
  • Sivakasi fireworks inspections politicised: Minister Keerthana
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 9   +   7   =  
Lost password?