Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Show restraint
EDITORIAL

Show restraint

AgencyBy AgencyMarch 7, 2024No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email
As political parties gear up for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the Election Commission of India (ECI) has reportedly issued an advisory to Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, urging him to exercise caution in his public statements. The advisory comes in response to the Delhi High Court’s directive to the ECI to take appropriate action against Rahul Gandhi for his speech in November of the previous year. In the said speech, he used terms like ‘pickpocket’ while criticizing BJP leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

The Election Commission had previously issued a notice to Rahul Gandhi regarding his use of ‘panauti and pickpocket’ remarks directed at PM Modi. The sources reveal that the ECI reiterated its advisory on March 1 of the current year, emphasizing its importance during the ongoing campaign. In light of the declining standards of political discourse in recent elections, the Election Commission issued an advisory last week to all political parties. The advisory stressed the need to maintain decorum, exercise utmost restraint in public campaigning, and elevate election campaigning to an “issue-based” debate.

After considering all facts, including the Delhi High Court order and Rahul Gandhi’s reply, the Election Commission of India has advised the Congress leader to be more careful and cautious in the future.

Show restraint
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleAviation industry to see surge in domestic passengers: Report
Next Article French Open: Srikanth enters second round, Prannoy falters

Related Posts

EDITORIAL

Huge warning

August 17, 2026
EDITORIAL

Youth Power

August 15, 2026
EDITORIAL

Safety signal

August 14, 2026
EDITORIAL

Legal clarity

August 13, 2026
EDITORIAL

Timely & Necessary 

August 12, 2026
EDITORIAL

Sustainability Matters

August 11, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts

2 more Air India pilots fail drug screening test

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

Two more pilots of the Air India group have returned non-negative results in mandatory psychoactive substance screening, days after the airline introduced compulsory testing for its pilots following the Phuket-Delhi flight fiasco, sources said on Monday.

5th TN international kite festival concludes successfully

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

The 5th Tamil Nadu International Kite Festival, organised by the Tamil Nadu Tourism Department in association with Global Media Box at the TTDC Ocean View premises in Mamallapuram, concluded successfully drawing more than 40,000 visitors over three days.

HC orders Dawn Pictures to secure ₹8.39 cr in Sudha Kongara case

Balasubramani MuniyandiAugust 17, 20260

The Madras High Court has directed Dawn Pictures Private Limited, producer of the Sivakarthikeyan-starrer Parasakthi, to furnish security for ₹8.39 crore in connection with a remuneration dispute filed by director Sudha Kongara.

DMK walks out, Udhayanidhi attacks TVK government

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

The DMK staged a walkout from the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Monday, alleging that the TVK government had failed to provide a satisfactory explanation over the murder of Coimbatore college student Amudhan and other issues involving sexual assault and drug-related crimes.

Meghamalai Row: Minister blames DMK, Promises quick solution

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

The Meghamalai issue triggered a heated exchange in the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Monday, with Minister Nirmalkumar accusing the previous DMK government of mishandling the region’s legal and administrative issues and assuring that the TVK government would take all possible steps to find a permanent solution.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • 2 more Air India pilots fail drug screening test
  • 5th TN international kite festival concludes successfully
  • HC orders Dawn Pictures to secure ₹8.39 cr in Sudha Kongara case
  • DMK walks out, Udhayanidhi attacks TVK government
  • Meghamalai Row: Minister blames DMK, Promises quick solution
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 10   +   3   =  
Lost password?