Mumbai Police arrest main accused Mihir Shah in Worli hit and run case

MUMBAI: Mumbai Police on Tuesday arrested Mihir Shah, the main accused in the Worli hit-and-run case in which a woman was killed. Mihir Shah had been absconding since the accident took place and the Mumbai Police had formed 14 teams to arrest Mihir Shah who has been missing since the car he was allegedly driving hit a scooter on Dr Annie Besant Road in Worli.

Earlier, Police arrested Rajendra Singh Bidawat and the father of the main accused, Rajesh Shah for their alleged involvement in the Worli hit-and-run case that took place on Sunday (July 7). This comes after a BMW car hit a bike in Mumbai’s Worli area on Sunday (July 7), resulting in the death of a woman travelling with her husband. Following the tragic incident in the Worli area of Mumbai on Sunday, the husband of a deceased woman, Pradeep Nakhwa questioned the delay in arrest of the accused Mihir Shah, and said that he dragged his wife from Ceejay House to Sea Link Road. Regarding the delay in the arrest, Nakhwa said it was due to “politics” and asserted that the accused would not be arrested till the Vidhan Sabha session ends. Nakhwa alleged that the accused is not getting arrested because he is the son of a political leader. In an exclusive interview with ANI, the husband of the deceased woman in the Worli hit and run case, Pradeep Nakhwa said, “We were on our daily routine, as we are fishermen and as part of our daily routine, on Sunday at 4 am, we were returning through the Peddar Road from the fish hatchery after buying fish. We were driving slowly with a speed of 35-40 km/hr on the side of the road. Suddenly, a car with extreme speed came and hit us, we didn’t even realize how fast it was. We flew into the air and dropped on his car’s bonnet.”
“When he put the brake, I fell on the left side of the road while my wife came under the wheels of his vehicle. He didn’t stop after that, I tried to stop him but he didn’t and dragged her from Ceejay House to Sea Link Road. There was smoke from the wheels when he was dragging my wife. After the incident, he fled from the spot,” said Nakhwa.