Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Israel intercepts rocket from Gaza
WORLD

Israel intercepts rocket from Gaza

AgencyBy AgencyJune 11, 2025No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

The Israeli military said on Tuesday it had intercepted a projectile launched from the northern Gaza Strip. The projectile triggered air raid sirens in the nearby Zikim beach, the military said in a statement. No casualties or damage were reported so far. Israel’s Ynet news site reported it was the first rocket fired from the enclave toward Israel in 10 days. Rockets from Gaza have become rare as Israel continues its 20-month offensive in the enclave, which devastated most of the territory, Xinhua news agency reported. Meanwhile, Israel continued its assaults across the Gaza Strip, including at a food distribution site of the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation. In two separate incidents, Israeli forces opened fire at crowds making their way to the site, killing at least 17 people and injuring 130 others, according to the Gaza health authorities. The military released a statement acknowledging that troops opened fire in the area of Wadi Gaza, located “hundreds of metres” from the aid distribution point. It said the fire was “warning shots to distance suspects who were advancing in the area of Wadi Gaza and posed a threat to the troops”. “An initial inquiry suggests that the number of reported individuals injured does not align with the information held by the IDF (Israel Defense Forces),” the military said, adding that the details were under review. The Israeli attacks killed at least 54,927 people and injured 126,615 others since October 2023, according to the Gaza health authorities on Monday. Last month, Israel’s military had intercepted a projectile launched from the Gaza Strip, as fighting escalated across the besieged enclave under its widening military campaign. In a statement, the military said the projectile was fired from northern Gaza and intercepted by the Israeli Air Force. Air raid sirens sounded in the Lakhish area of southern Israel. There were no reports of casualties. No group has claimed responsibility for the launch. The incident came after two rockets were fired from central Gaza. Israel’s military said one was intercepted while the other landed in an open area. @@@

Israel intercepts rocket from Gaza
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleSeveral people dead in shooting at school in Austria
Next Article CSK Captain Ruturaj to join Yorkshire

Related Posts

WORLD

China’s former premier Zhu Rongji cremated

August 19, 2026
WORLD

Student kills schoolmate in Philippine

August 19, 2026
WORLD

Over 52 including children injured in Kabul blast

August 19, 2026
WORLD

Venezuela quake death toll rises to 6,438

August 19, 2026
WORLD

Ship attacked during transit through the Strait of Hormuz

August 19, 2026
WORLD

Trump cites India’s voter cards to make case for American Act

August 19, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts

E-paper 19 August 2026

NT BureauAugust 19, 20260

Anishma Anilkumar explores mature role in Modha Rathiri

NT BureauAugust 19, 20260

Actress Anishma Anilkumar, who earned appreciation for her performances in Sirai and Youth, is set to portray a mature and emotionally layered character in the upcoming Tamil film Modha Rathiri.

WC: India eves crush SA 

AgencyAugust 19, 20260

India produced a dominant 6-1 win over South Africa in their 2026 FIH Women’s Hockey World Cup group match in Amsterdam, taking a major step towards the next round.

Priya Bhavani Shankar Calls Irumudi Kattu a special journey

NT BureauAugust 19, 20260

Actress Priya Bhavani Shankar says her role as Kaveri in the upcoming film Irumudi Kattu has been one of the most special journeys of her career.

Senegal hires Vieira as coach

AgencyAugust 19, 20260

Senegal hired Patrick Vieira as its new coach on Tuesday to replace Pape Thiaw, who was fired after the team was eliminated from the World Cup in the round of 32.Senegal announced the news in a post on Instagram, without

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • E-paper 19 August 2026
  • Anishma Anilkumar explores mature role in Modha Rathiri
  • WC: India eves crush SA 
  • Priya Bhavani Shankar Calls Irumudi Kattu a special journey
  • Senegal hires Vieira as coach
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 2   +   10   =  
Lost password?