Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Friday, August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Verstappen extends F1 contract with Red Bull to 2030
SPORTS

Verstappen extends F1 contract with Red Bull to 2030

AgencyBy AgencyAugust 21, 2026No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

Netherlands,  Aug 21:

Four-time Formula 1 champion Max Verstappen has extended his contract with Red Bull to 2030, he and the team announced Thursday.

The announcement ahead of Verstappen’s home Dutch Grand Prix this weekend ends speculation he could seek a blockbuster move to another team. It comes despite Red Bull struggling to match the pace of leading team Mercedes this season.

“I have always said it: the team is like a second family for me and I feel very at home. I came to the team hoping to be able to win races. What we went on to achieve together has been simply lovely and we have shared many incredible moments and won four world championships,” he said in a statement.

“To continue this journey with the same team that I have been with my whole career is really special and something I have always wanted to do.”

Verstappen, already considered one of F1’s all-time greats at the age of 28, has yet to win a race this season. The 71-time race winner hasn’t had a winless season since his rookie year in 2015.

Verstappen’s previous contract ran through 2028 but reportedly included performance-related clauses which could have potentially allowed him to leave earlier and which fueled speculation he might seek to move.

He had also questioned whether he’d stay in F1 at all, saying he’d like more time with his family as his frustration grew with the 2026 F1 cars’ reliance on electrical battery power.

Red Bull backed Verstappen’s career from childhood and brought him into F1 at the age of 17 in 2015 at its second team, then called Toro Rosso. That made him the youngest driver in series history, a record he still holds.

Still, there had been signs of tension in recent years amid the departures of a series of key staff including longtime leader Christian Horner last year and car design great Adrian Newey.

In his comments Thursday, Verstappen praised a “great” year with Laurent Mekies in charge after Horner was fired, and said he sensed a “clear vision” for the future of the team.

Verstappen also raised safety concerns this season after two separate faults with the Red Bull car’s rear wing hurled him into high-speed crashes.

Verstappen had been linked with a move to McLaren after reports of a meeting in June between his representatives and McLaren management. McLaren chief executive Zak Brown said at the team the team didn’t have an opening for him and would stick with Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri.

One driver who had been considered a potential replacement for Verstappen at Red Bull, Carlos Sainz Jr., signed a new contract on Wednesday with Williams.

Verstappen extends F1 contract with Red Bull to 2030
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleKuldeep at crossroads as Test spot comes under scrutiny
Next Article Hockey: Indian women holds strong England

Related Posts

SPORTS

Hockey: Indian women holds strong England

August 21, 2026
SPORTS

Kuldeep at crossroads as Test spot comes under scrutiny

August 21, 2026
SPORTS

Brook dethrones Head as top Test batter

August 20, 2026
SPORTS

Indian women takes on England in World Cup, Eyes top spot in Pool D of the tournament 

August 20, 2026
SPORTS

World Championships: Sindhu, Ayush win, Lakshya out

August 20, 2026
SPORTS

Manav Suthar helps IND defeat SL in Galle

August 20, 2026
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Latest Posts

Hockey: Indian women holds strong England

AgencyAugust 21, 20260

India produced a resolute defensive display to hold England to a goalless draw in their final Pool D match and secure a place in the second round of the FIH Women’s Hockey World Cup 2026 in Amstelveen, Netherlands.

Verstappen extends F1 contract with Red Bull to 2030

AgencyAugust 21, 20260

Four-time Formula 1 champion Max Verstappen has extended his contract with Red Bull to 2030, he and the team announced Thursday.

Kuldeep at crossroads as Test spot comes under scrutiny

AgencyAugust 21, 20260

Kuldeep Yadav’s struggles in the first Test highlight a larger dilemma for India: how long can faith in a proven match-winner survive when his impact in the longest format is becoming increasingly sporadic? His 11 wicketless

BJP demands Vijayan’s resignation from Keralam LoP post over ED findings in CMRL case

AgencyAugust 21, 20260

Thiruvananthapuram,  Aug 21: The BJP on Thursday demanded the resignation of Pinarayi Vijayan as…

Ex-Congress MP Sajjan Kumar, convicted in 1984 anti-Sikh riots, dies

AgencyAugust 21, 20260

New Delhi,  Aug 21: Former Congress MP Sajjan Kumar, who was serving life sentence…

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • Hockey: Indian women holds strong England
  • Verstappen extends F1 contract with Red Bull to 2030
  • Kuldeep at crossroads as Test spot comes under scrutiny
  • BJP demands Vijayan’s resignation from Keralam LoP post over ED findings in CMRL case
  • Ex-Congress MP Sajjan Kumar, convicted in 1984 anti-Sikh riots, dies
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 0   +   8   =  
Lost password?