Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Ethiopian Airlines crash: Jet Airways and SpiceJet to be grilled

Ethiopian Airlines crash: Jet Airways and SpiceJet to be grilled

PTIBy PTIMarch 11, 2019No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

New Delhi: Aviation regulator DGCA will seek information from Boeing as well as Mumbai-based Jet Airways and Gurgaon-based SpiceJet operating Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft after the Ethiopian Airlines crash on Sunday, according to a senior official. A Boeing 737 MAX plane operated by Ethiopian Airlines crashed soon after taking off from Addis Ababa around 8.30 am on Sunday morning, killing all 157 on board. Four Indians were among the passengers killed.

The DGCA will seek information from Boeing and Indian carriers operating Boeing 737 MAX 8 planes in India, according to the official. These include Jet Airways and SpiceJet whose flights have not been curtailed so far. SpiceJet is continuing to operate all 13 jets of this model.

The aviation watchdog is expected to address concerns on the use of the aircraft model this afternoon. China’s aviation authorities have grounded their Boeing 737 MAX 8 jets after the crash. This is the second disaster involving the Boeing 737 Max 8 in the last few months.

In October, a Lion Air plane crashed into the sea off the Indonesian capital of Jakarta 13 minutes after take-off, killing all 189 onboard. It was the worst aviation disaster in Indonesia in more than two decades.

The 737 MAX 8 is a new model from the US aircraft manufacturer’s best-selling 737, which has been operating since 1967. More than 300 Boeing 737-MAX planes are in operation and more than 5,000 have been ordered worldwide since 2017. In a statement, Boeing said it would help with investigations into the Ethiopian crash.

“We extend our heartfelt sympathies to the families and loved ones of the passengers and crew on board and stand ready to support the Ethiopian Airlines team. A Boeing technical team will be travelling to the crash site to provide technical assistance under the direction of the Ethiopia Accident Investigation Bureau and US National Transportation Safety Board,” said the plane-maker. Boeing was quoted by reports as saying that the 737 MAX 8 was as safe as any airplane that has ever flown the skies.

Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleRahul promises minimum income guarantee scheme if voted to power
Next Article 11 March, 2019
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Latest Posts

E-paper 18 August 2026

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

Delhi cops deny excessive force during CJP protest

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

The Delhi Police has denied allegations of excessive force against student protesters during the July 20 agitation at Jantar Mantar, telling the Supreme Court that the large turnout and violence after barricades were breached necessitated the use of graded force.

Sathuranga Vettai 2 finally heading for release after long wait

AgencyAugust 18, 20260

Natti Nataraj’s Sathuranga Vettai, which earned a good response from audiences, is set to get a sequel with Sathuranga Vettai 2, which has been waiting for release for several years.

DMK mouthpiece Murasoli attacks Vijay over Trisha’s front-row seat

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

The DMK’s official newspaper Murasoli has criticised Tamil Nadu Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay over actor Trisha being seated in the front row during the Independence Day celebrations at Fort St George on August 15.

8 labourers killed as pick-up vehicle collides with truck 

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

Eight labourers were killed and 32 others injured after their pick-up vehicle collided with a truck in Madhya Pradesh’s Bhind district in the wee hours of Tuesday, police said.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • E-paper 18 August 2026
  • Delhi cops deny excessive force during CJP protest
  • Sathuranga Vettai 2 finally heading for release after long wait
  • DMK mouthpiece Murasoli attacks Vijay over Trisha’s front-row seat
  • 8 labourers killed as pick-up vehicle collides with truck 
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 7   +   7   =  
Lost password?