Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Conman ‘assures’ Aavin booths

Conman ‘assures’ Aavin booths

NT BureauBy NT BureauAugust 1, 2019No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

Chennai: The Tamilnadu Milk Dealers Employees Welfare Association has filed a complaint at the Chennai Commissioner office and Aavin headquarters in Nandanam to take action against Nagarajan Chandrasekar for allegedly cheating people on the pretext of getting them Aavin milk booth.

Association founder and state president Ponnuswamy said, “Our association came to know that a man named Nagarajan has been defrauding people by claiming that he knows higher officials and a politician, and he can help people who wants to start an Aavin booth in their locality with commission, on his social media posts.”

Ponnuswamy added that he got suspicious after seeing his Facebook posts which claimed that he knows top officials in the State and Central government including in President’s office. The alleged conman, Nagarajan, in one of his social media posts said people who wish to open a milk booth should join his WhatsApp group and attached the group link.

Last week, Ponnuswamy joined his group “Aavin Milk Booth OMM” and was shocked to see messages which are frivolous. Nagarajan in his previous posts has asked people to deposit Rs 16,300 in demand draft in name of a trust as an initial amount if they wished to open a milk booth in their locality.

He asked the people to send their Aadhaar card copy to an e-mail address ([email protected]). Further, the deposit amount to start the booth is Rs 2 lakh for differently-abled and Rs 3 lakh for others which is refundable.

“He is operating from abroad and once I started asking questions in the group, he stopped responding. Nagarajan, in his audio messages, said five people from Raja Annamalaipuram, Ambattur, Coimbatore, Tirupur and Sivakasi have sent their details to open milk booth and asked others to join in. So, we filed a complaint at the Commissioner office and also Aavin managing director Kamaraj and he assured us that proper action will be taken,” said Ponnuswamy.

He added that a friend from Malaysia was about to deposit money with Nagarajan and was alerted after seeing his Facebook post about the alleged conman.

The WhatsApp group was renamed as Singapore Milk Booth OMM and Ponnuswamy was removed from the group by Nagarajan after the association filed a complaint with the police.

Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleUS Consulate screens Oscar-winning movie ‘Period – End of Sentence’
Next Article 31-years later, Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist continues to inspire readers
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Latest Posts

E-paper 18 August 2026

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

Delhi cops deny excessive force during CJP protest

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

The Delhi Police has denied allegations of excessive force against student protesters during the July 20 agitation at Jantar Mantar, telling the Supreme Court that the large turnout and violence after barricades were breached necessitated the use of graded force.

Sathuranga Vettai 2 finally heading for release after long wait

AgencyAugust 18, 20260

Natti Nataraj’s Sathuranga Vettai, which earned a good response from audiences, is set to get a sequel with Sathuranga Vettai 2, which has been waiting for release for several years.

DMK mouthpiece Murasoli attacks Vijay over Trisha’s front-row seat

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

The DMK’s official newspaper Murasoli has criticised Tamil Nadu Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay over actor Trisha being seated in the front row during the Independence Day celebrations at Fort St George on August 15.

8 labourers killed as pick-up vehicle collides with truck 

NT BureauAugust 18, 20260

Eight labourers were killed and 32 others injured after their pick-up vehicle collided with a truck in Madhya Pradesh’s Bhind district in the wee hours of Tuesday, police said.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • E-paper 18 August 2026
  • Delhi cops deny excessive force during CJP protest
  • Sathuranga Vettai 2 finally heading for release after long wait
  • DMK mouthpiece Murasoli attacks Vijay over Trisha’s front-row seat
  • 8 labourers killed as pick-up vehicle collides with truck 
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 4   +   10   =  
Lost password?