Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Venezuela quake death toll rises to 6,438
WORLD

Venezuela quake death toll rises to 6,438

AgencyBy AgencyAugust 19, 2026No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

Caracas, Aug 19:

The Venezuelan government updated the official toll from the June 24 twin earthquakes, reporting that the death toll had risen to 6,438, up 137 from the previous week. The bulletin on Monday said 335 homes had been delivered to affected families, and 59,109 buildings had been inspected to determine whether they were safe for habitation. Of the buildings assessed, 34,680 were found to be habitable, 13,733 were classified as having restricted access, and 10,696 were considered high-risk, reports Xinhua news agency.

Earlier update said that the Authorities have delivered more than 287 homes to families affected by the earthquakes and evaluated 43,679 buildings across the country. The Venezuelan government has used a traffic-light tagging system to assess building habitability. Green tags indicate habitable structures, yellow tags mark restricted access, while red tags identify high-risk buildings that may be subject to demolition. The magnitude 7.2 and 7.5 earthquakes struck Venezuela on June 24.

438. Venezuela quake death toll rises to 6
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleDVAC searches 51 locations over alleged EB tender irregularities
Next Article Cars, Rs 75,000 monthly allowance for all TN MLAs

Related Posts

WORLD

China’s former premier Zhu Rongji cremated

August 19, 2026
WORLD

Student kills schoolmate in Philippine

August 19, 2026
WORLD

Over 52 including children injured in Kabul blast

August 19, 2026
WORLD

Ship attacked during transit through the Strait of Hormuz

August 19, 2026
WORLD

Trump cites India’s voter cards to make case for American Act

August 19, 2026
WORLD

Man charged with murder of Microsoft manager

August 18, 2026
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Latest Posts

E-paper 19 August 2026

NT BureauAugust 19, 20260

Anishma Anilkumar explores mature role in Modha Rathiri

NT BureauAugust 19, 20260

Actress Anishma Anilkumar, who earned appreciation for her performances in Sirai and Youth, is set to portray a mature and emotionally layered character in the upcoming Tamil film Modha Rathiri.

WC: India eves crush SA 

AgencyAugust 19, 20260

India produced a dominant 6-1 win over South Africa in their 2026 FIH Women’s Hockey World Cup group match in Amsterdam, taking a major step towards the next round.

Priya Bhavani Shankar Calls Irumudi Kattu a special journey

NT BureauAugust 19, 20260

Actress Priya Bhavani Shankar says her role as Kaveri in the upcoming film Irumudi Kattu has been one of the most special journeys of her career.

Senegal hires Vieira as coach

AgencyAugust 19, 20260

Senegal hired Patrick Vieira as its new coach on Tuesday to replace Pape Thiaw, who was fired after the team was eliminated from the World Cup in the round of 32.Senegal announced the news in a post on Instagram, without

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • E-paper 19 August 2026
  • Anishma Anilkumar explores mature role in Modha Rathiri
  • WC: India eves crush SA 
  • Priya Bhavani Shankar Calls Irumudi Kattu a special journey
  • Senegal hires Vieira as coach
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 4   +   5   =  
Lost password?