Caracas, Aug 19:
The Venezuelan government updated the official toll from the June 24 twin earthquakes, reporting that the death toll had risen to 6,438, up 137 from the previous week. The bulletin on Monday said 335 homes had been delivered to affected families, and 59,109 buildings had been inspected to determine whether they were safe for habitation. Of the buildings assessed, 34,680 were found to be habitable, 13,733 were classified as having restricted access, and 10,696 were considered high-risk, reports Xinhua news agency.
Earlier update said that the Authorities have delivered more than 287 homes to families affected by the earthquakes and evaluated 43,679 buildings across the country. The Venezuelan government has used a traffic-light tagging system to assess building habitability. Green tags indicate habitable structures, yellow tags mark restricted access, while red tags identify high-risk buildings that may be subject to demolition. The magnitude 7.2 and 7.5 earthquakes struck Venezuela on June 24.

