Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Sunday, May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • Tamilnadu Election 2026
  • Puducherry Election 2026
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • IPL 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Israeli strikes kill 14 in Gaza
WORLD

Israeli strikes kill 14 in Gaza

AgencyBy AgencyMay 26, 2025No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email
Gaza, May 26: Israeli strikes overnight and into Sunday killed at least 14 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, including a mother and her two children who were inside a tent that was struck, local health officials said.
Israel ended a ceasefire and renewed its offensive in March, vowing to destroy Hamas and return the 58 hostages it still holds from the October 7, 2023 attack that triggered the war.
Israel also blocked the import of all food, medicine and fuel for 2 1/2 months before letting a trickle of aid enter last week.
Israel says it plans to seize full control of Gaza and facilitate what it refers to as the voluntary migration of much of its population of 2 million Palestinians, a plan that has been rejected by Palestinians and much of the international community, and which experts say would likely violate international law.
The strike hit a tent housing displaced people in the central Gaza city of Deir al-Balah, killing the mother, her two children and another relative, according to Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital.
A strike in the Jabaliya area of northern Gaza killed at least five people, including two women and a child, according to the Gaza Health Ministry. Additional strikes killed another five people, according to local hospitals.
Israel says it tries to avoid harming civilians and blames Hamas for their deaths because it operates in densely populated areas. There was no immediate comment from the military on the latest strikes.
Hamas-led militants killed some 1,200 people, mostly civilians, in the October 7 attack and abducted 251 people. They are still holding 58, around a third of whom are believed to be alive, after most of the rest were released in ceasefire agreements or other deals.
Israel’s 19-month offensive has killed over 53,000 Palestinians, according to the Gaza Health Ministry, which says women and children make up most of the dead but does not provide figures for the number of civilians or combatants killed. The offensive has destroyed vast areas of Gaza and displaced around 90 per cent of the territory’s population.
Separately, the Israeli military said it intercepted a missile fired by Yemen’s Houthi rebels on Sunday.
The missile triggered air raid sirens in Jerusalem and other areas. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
The Iran-backed Houthis have launched repeated missile attacks targeting Israel as well as international shipping in the Red Sea, portraying it as a response to Israel’s military campaign in Gaza. Most of the targeted ships had no relation to Israel or the conflict.
The United States halted a punishing bombing campaign against the Houthis earlier this month, saying the rebels had pledged to stop attacking ships. That informal ceasefire did not include attacks on Israel.
Israeli strikes kill 14 in Gaza
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleMassive Russian missile attack on Ukraine 
Next Article Yunus to continue as B’desh’s interim govt chief: Adviser

Related Posts

WORLD

Coal mine gas explosion in China kills 82

May 23, 2026
WORLD

Trump sending more forces to Poland Washington,  May 23:

May 23, 2026
WORLD

Bangladesh pursuing legal steps for Hasina’s return

May 23, 2026
WORLD

Pak Army chief Munir heads to Tehran amid peace push

May 23, 2026
WORLD

Slight progress in Iran talks as war uncertainty grows: US

May 23, 2026
WORLD

India, African Union postpone summit over Ebola outbreak

May 22, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts

E-paper 23 May 2026

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Coal mine gas explosion in China kills 82

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Eighty-two people were killed in a gas explosion in a coal mine in China, according to an official media report.

Theatre owners seek ₹250 cap on ticket prices

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Representatives of the Multiplex Theatre Owners’ Association have submitted a petition to Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay, urging the Tamil Nadu government to revise movie ticket pricing and fix the maximum ticket rate at ₹250 across theatres in the state.

Vijay did not give opportunities based on caste: HR & CE Minister Ramesh

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments (HR & CE) Minister Ramesh has stated that Chief Minister Vijay has not given opportunities or responsibilities based on caste, rejecting allegations suggesting otherwise during a media interaction.

Inquiry ordered into death of nursing student at Tiruchy GH

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

The Tamil Nadu Health and Family Welfare Department has ordered a high-level inquiry into the death of a nursing student at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital (MGMGH), which is attached to the KAP Viswanatham Government Medical College in Tiruchy. The action follows allegations that the student died due to medical negligence during treatment for a nasal blockage condition.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • E-paper 23 May 2026
  • Coal mine gas explosion in China kills 82
  • Theatre owners seek ₹250 cap on ticket prices
  • Vijay did not give opportunities based on caste: HR & CE Minister Ramesh
  • Inquiry ordered into death of nursing student at Tiruchy GH
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 7   +   7   =  
Lost password?