Washington, July 22: US President Donald Trump was not told in advance about Israel’s recent airstrikes in Syria, the White House said on Monday. This shows rare tension between the two close allies.White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said Trump was “caught off guard” by the Israeli attack. The airstrikes hit Syrian military sites, including areas near the presidential palace and parts of the defence ministry.
Leavitt also mentioned another Israeli strike last week that damaged a Catholic church in Gaza. She said Trump quickly called Israel’s Prime Minister to discuss and fix the issues in both cases.
