Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Friday, May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • Tamilnadu Election 2026
  • Puducherry Election 2026
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • IPL 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Trump relays details of talks with Charles III
WORLD

Trump relays details of talks with Charles III

 In the world of diplomatic faux pas, it could have been a lot worse.
AgencyBy AgencyApril 30, 2026No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

 

Washington,  Apr 30:

In the world of diplomatic faux pas, it could have been a lot worse.
At Tuesday’s state dinner honouring King Charles III and Queen Camilla, US President Donald Trump said that during a private meeting earlier in the day the British monarch had agreed with him that Iran should never be allowed to have nuclear weapons.
“We’re doing a little Middle East work right now– and we’re doing very well,” Trump told the audience. “We have militarily defeated that particular opponent, and we’re never going to let that opponent ever – Charles agrees with me, even more than I do – we’re never going to let that opponent have a nuclear weapon.”
While many Britons would agree with the president’s sentiment, the comment triggered mild consternation among pundits in the UK.
In Britain, you see, this just isn’t done.
By convention, people aren’t supposed to relay private conversations with the monarch. That is partly because the king has to remain above the political fray, but also because the sovereign doesn’t have the ability to wade into a public debate and correct the record if he’s misquoted.
“Generally, as a matter of protocol, I think I would expect discussions between heads of state to be sort of behind the scenes, in those closed meetings, for those to be sort of kept private,” said Craig Prescott, an expert on constitutional law and the monarchy at Royal Holloway, University of London. “And, you know, this was something that the UK government wanted to avoid.”
There had been a fair amount of jitters before the king’s trip to the United States, which comes amid Trump’s very public frustration with UK Prime Minster Keir Starmer over his failure to support US actions in the Iran war.
Like all royal visits, this is a carefully choreographed diplomatic event carried out at the request of the UK government, which hopes that warm relations between the king and Trump, who seems to love all things royal, can help repair the rift.
But Trump is an unconventional leader who has a penchant for breaking protocol, and there were concerns about just what he might say or do.
At least in this case, the king’s comments seemed clearly within the bounds of existing UK government policy.
“The King is naturally mindful of his government’s long-standing and well-known position on the prevention of nuclear proliferation,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement designed to provide context to the president’s remarks.

Trump relays details of talks with Charles III
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleE-paper 30 April 2026
Next Article Nepal to develop wellness tourism

Related Posts

WORLD

India, African Union postpone summit over Ebola outbreak

May 22, 2026
WORLD

Pak has history of attacking own people: India

May 22, 2026
WORLD

Pak-Iran talks focus on US-Iran dialogue

May 22, 2026
WORLD

Trump, Netanyahu clash over Iran war

May 22, 2026
WORLD

PM Modi holds talks with Italian counterpart Meloni

May 21, 2026
WORLD

Awami League alleges targeted attacks in B’desh

May 21, 2026
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Latest Posts

TVK Govt Firm on State Autonomy, Transparency, Says Minister Aadhav Arjuna

NT BureauMay 22, 20260

Minister for Public Works and Sports Development Aadhav Arjuna asserted that the Tamilaga Vettri Kazhagam (TVK) government remains steadfast in its commitment to State autonomy, the two-language policy, and secular governance, while promising a transparent and corruption-free administration.

IPL: Entire CSK team punished, Captain handed hefty fine

NT BureauMay 22, 20260

The Chennai Super Kings (CSK) ended their Indian Premier League (IPL) 2026 campaign on a disappointing note. Taking on the Gujarat Titans on Thursday, CSK were undone by a clinical Shubman Gill-led side, suffering an 89-run defeat that also saw them crash out of the play-offs race.

A. Raja takes veiled dig at allies joining TVK Cabinet

NT BureauMay 22, 20260

Nilgiris MP A. Raja on Friday made a pointed social media remark targeting parties joining the Tamilaga Vettri Kazhagam (TVK)-led government, just minutes before ministers from the Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK) and the Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) were sworn in.

Amalraj takes charge as Chennai Police Commissioner

NT BureauMay 22, 20260

Senior IPS officer A. Amalraj, a 1996-batch officer, assumed charge as the new Commissioner of Police of Chennai on Friday morning following a government order issued by the Tamil Nadu administration.

Heatwave alert: Chennai braces for 42°C as Kathiri Veyil peaks

NT BureauMay 22, 20260

Tamil Nadu continues to reel under intense summer heat, with the Regional Meteorological Centre warning that heatwave conditions are likely to persist in several coastal districts over the next two days. With the Kathiri Veyil season at its peak, Chennai is expected to record temperatures close to 42°C (108°F), among the highest this season.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • TVK Govt Firm on State Autonomy, Transparency, Says Minister Aadhav Arjuna
  • IPL: Entire CSK team punished, Captain handed hefty fine
  • A. Raja takes veiled dig at allies joining TVK Cabinet
  • Amalraj takes charge as Chennai Police Commissioner
  • Heatwave alert: Chennai braces for 42°C as Kathiri Veyil peaks
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 5   +   3   =  
Lost password?