Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Sunday, August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Trump halts Iran attack amid Gulf diplomatic push
WORLD

Trump halts Iran attack amid Gulf diplomatic push

US President Donald Trump has announced a temporary halt to planned military strikes on Iran following requests from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
AgencyBy AgencyMay 20, 2026No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

 

Washington,  Mayb20:

US President Donald Trump has announced a temporary halt to planned military strikes on Iran following requests from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Trump said the decision was made to allow ongoing negotiations with Tehran to continue, as Gulf leaders believe a deal may be close.
In a post on Truth Social, Trump said Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan asked him to delay the military operation, which had been scheduled for Tuesday. Speaking later at the White House, Trump said the US had been preparing a “very major attack” but agreed to postpone it for “two or three days.”
Trump stressed that the objective of negotiations was to ensure Iran does not obtain nuclear weapons. He said he had instructed Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and military officials to remain prepared for action if talks fail.
According to Axios, Trump was also expected to meet his national security team to review military options and ongoing diplomatic efforts.
US President Donald Trump is facing growing challenges in dealing with Iran, as threats, sanctions and military pressure have failed to force Tehran to change its long-standing positions.
Despite claiming progress in negotiations, Trump recently paused planned strikes on Iran at the request of Gulf Arab allies while warning that the US military remained ready for a large-scale assault if talks collapsed.
Iran has refused to abandon its nuclear programme, ballistic missile development and regional alliances, while maintaining control over the strategic Strait of Hormuz, a vital global oil route.
The resulting tensions have disrupted energy markets and increased fuel prices in the US, hurting consumers and weakening Trump’s economic approval ratings ahead of midterm elections.
Analysts describe the situation as a stalemate, with both Washington and Tehran believing time favours them. While Trump insists he holds leverage, experts say Iran has not yet faced enough pressure to accept US demands.

Trump halts Iran attack amid Gulf diplomatic push
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleKejriwal tells NEET aspirants not to lose courage
Next Article UK gets youngest Indian-origin Mayor at 23

Related Posts

WORLD

Meeehul Choksi’s lawyer charged with sexual assault

August 22, 2026
WORLD

Charter plane crash kills 8 near western Alaska

August 22, 2026
WORLD

Iran dismisses US economic threats

August 22, 2026
WORLD

Indonesia, China discuss increasing defence cooperation 

August 22, 2026
NATION

2 vessels carrying 22 Indians hijacked off Yemen

August 21, 2026
WORLD

Ex-Pak PM Imran back in jail after medical check-up

August 21, 2026
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Latest Posts

Don’t post expunged Assembly remarks as reels: Speaker

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker JCD Prabhakar on Saturday warned that remarks expunged from the House records should not be circulated on social media as reels or in any other form.

Public pay last respects to Sowcar Janaki

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Members of the public, film personalities and political leaders are paying their last respects to veteran actor Sowcar Janaki, whose mortal remains was kept at her residence in Teynampet.

Water released from Karnataka lifts Cauvery inflow

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Inflow into the Cauvery at Hogenakkal rose to 12,000 cusecs on Saturday following continued releases from Karnataka’s Kabini and Krishnarajasagar (KRS) dams, prompting authorities to maintain safety restrictions for tourists at the popular waterfall destination.

CM Vijay congratulates TN teachers on National Awards

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister C Vijay on Saturday congratulated two teachers from the state who have been selected for the National Teachers’ Awards to be presented on the occasion of Teachers’ Day.

TNCC chief flays Centre for bank withdrawal charges

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Tamil Nadu Congress Committee president and Virudhunagar MP B Manickam Tagore on Saturday criticised the Centre over the proposed charges for cash withdrawals from basic bank accounts, alleging that the Narendra Modi government was imposing a financial burden on poor and vulnerable sections.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • Don’t post expunged Assembly remarks as reels: Speaker
  • Public pay last respects to Sowcar Janaki
  • Water released from Karnataka lifts Cauvery inflow
  • CM Vijay congratulates TN teachers on National Awards
  • TNCC chief flays Centre for bank withdrawal charges
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 7   +   8   =  
Lost password?