Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Monday, August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Sindhu ends 2025 season early to focus on recovery
SPORTS

Sindhu ends 2025 season early to focus on recovery

AgencyBy AgencyOctober 28, 2025No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

Mumbai, Oct 28: Two-time Olympic medallist P V Sindhu has decided to withdraw from all remaining BWF Tour events in 2025 to focus on complete recovery from a foot injury that she sustained ahead of the European leg.
The 30-year-old from Hyderabadi shuttler said the decision was taken after detailed consultation with her support team and medical experts, including renowned sports orthopaedist Dr Dinshaw Pardiwala.
“After consulting closely with my team and with the guidance of the incredible Dr Pardiwala, we felt it was best for me to withdraw from all remaining BWF Tour events in 2025,” Sindhu said in a statement on Monday.
“The foot injury I sustained before the European leg has not fully recovered, and while it is never easy to accept, injuries are an inseparable part of every athlete’s journey. They test your resilience and patience, but they also spark the fire to come back stronger.”
Sindhu, the 2019 world champion, said her rehabilitation and training were already underway under the supervision of Dr Wayne Lombard, with support from Nisha Rawat, Chetna, and her coach Irwansyah Adi Pratama.
“Under the constant care of Dr Wayne Lombard, the support of Nisha Rawat and Chetna, and the guidance of my coach Irwansyah, I am surrounded by a team that gives me strength every single day.
“Their belief in me fuels my own, and I feel motivated, grateful, and hungrier than ever for what lies ahead.”
The Commonwealth Games champion has struggled with injuries and form for quite sometime now.
After early exit at Paris Games, this year too has been far from ideal for Sindhu, who has endured multiple first and second round ousters, with quarterfinals finishes at India Open super 750, World Championships and China Masters Super 750 being the highlight of the season.
She had come close to winning a top tier title at Malaysia Masters last year, finishing runner-up. She, however, claimed the Syed Modi International super 300 last December.

Sindhu ends 2025 season early to focus on recovery
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleCummins ruled out of Ashes opener
Next Article Norris wins Mexican GP

Related Posts

SPORTS

WC: India eves hold China

August 17, 2026
SPORTS

Djokovic crashes out of Cincinnati Open

August 17, 2026
SPORTS

Legends slam Oz after Test loss against B’desh

August 17, 2026
SPORTS

India faces acid test against England,Eyeing end to their 32-year WC jinx

August 17, 2026
SPORTS

Harmanpreet brace powers India to 3-1 World Cup win over Wales

August 15, 2026
SPORTS

Praggnanandhaa bounces back; crushes Van Foreest

August 15, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts

2 more Air India pilots fail drug screening test

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

Two more pilots of the Air India group have returned non-negative results in mandatory psychoactive substance screening, days after the airline introduced compulsory testing for its pilots following the Phuket-Delhi flight fiasco, sources said on Monday.

5th TN international kite festival concludes successfully

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

The 5th Tamil Nadu International Kite Festival, organised by the Tamil Nadu Tourism Department in association with Global Media Box at the TTDC Ocean View premises in Mamallapuram, concluded successfully drawing more than 40,000 visitors over three days.

HC orders Dawn Pictures to secure ₹8.39 cr in Sudha Kongara case

Balasubramani MuniyandiAugust 17, 20260

The Madras High Court has directed Dawn Pictures Private Limited, producer of the Sivakarthikeyan-starrer Parasakthi, to furnish security for ₹8.39 crore in connection with a remuneration dispute filed by director Sudha Kongara.

DMK walks out, Udhayanidhi attacks TVK government

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

The DMK staged a walkout from the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Monday, alleging that the TVK government had failed to provide a satisfactory explanation over the murder of Coimbatore college student Amudhan and other issues involving sexual assault and drug-related crimes.

Meghamalai Row: Minister blames DMK, Promises quick solution

NT BureauAugust 17, 20260

The Meghamalai issue triggered a heated exchange in the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Monday, with Minister Nirmalkumar accusing the previous DMK government of mishandling the region’s legal and administrative issues and assuring that the TVK government would take all possible steps to find a permanent solution.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • 2 more Air India pilots fail drug screening test
  • 5th TN international kite festival concludes successfully
  • HC orders Dawn Pictures to secure ₹8.39 cr in Sudha Kongara case
  • DMK walks out, Udhayanidhi attacks TVK government
  • Meghamalai Row: Minister blames DMK, Promises quick solution
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 8   +   6   =  
Lost password?