Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • Tamilnadu Election 2026
  • Puducherry Election 2026
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • IPL 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Djokovic survives scare to reach Aust Open semis
SPORTS

Djokovic survives scare to reach Aust Open semis

AgencyBy AgencyJanuary 29, 2026No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email
Melbourne, Jan 29: Djokovic ‘Extremely Lucky’ to Reach Australian Open Semis After Dramatic Turn of Events
Novak Djokovic advanced to the Australian Open semifinals in dramatic fashion on Wednesday, surviving what he called a “massive scare” against Italy’s Lorenzo Musetti at Melbourne Park. The 38-year-old Serbian star had been trailing by two sets and looked on the brink of elimination before a twist of fate kept his record-breaking campaign alive.
Musetti, seeded fifth, dominated the early stages, taking the first set 6-4 and the second 6-3, and held a 3-1 lead in the third. However, the Italian was forced to retire due to a leg injury, handing Djokovic an unexpected passage into the last four. The champion, who has already won the title 10 times in Melbourne, admitted afterwards that he felt “extremely lucky,” confessing that he was “on my way home” before the injury intervened.
“I feel really sorry for him — he was the far better player,” Djokovic said in his post-match interview, acknowledging Musetti’s strong performance before the match ended prematurely. He also spoke about his gratitude and said he would be “doubling his prayers” ahead of his next match.
The victory not only keeps Djokovic’s bid for a record 25th Grand Slam title alive but also marked his 103rd match win at the Australian Open, surpassing Roger Federer’s record for most singles victories at the tournament.
Djokovic survives scare to reach Aust Open semis
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleHammers sign Fulham’s winger Adama Traore
Next Article Seat-sharing talks between Cong, DMK soon

Related Posts

SPORTS

Young CC clinches TBSCA B-Zone Title 

May 20, 2026
SPORTS

KKR face must-win test

May 20, 2026
SPORTS

Sooryavanshi takes Royals closer to play-offs

May 20, 2026
SPORTS

Neymar in Brazil squad for WC

May 20, 2026
SPORTS

Pragg draws with So, stays joint second

May 20, 2026
IPL 2026

No closed door playoffs: Dhumal

May 19, 2026
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Latest Posts

E-paper 20 May 2026

NT BureauMay 20, 20260

Young CC clinches TBSCA B-Zone Title 

AgencyMay 20, 20260

Chennai, May 30: Young CC emerged champions of the TBSCA-Shri Gururaghavendraswamy League-Cum Knockout Trophy 2025…

KKR face must-win test

AgencyMay 20, 20260

Kolkata, May 20: Their campaign hanging by a thread, Kolkata Knight Riders will have no…

Sooryavanshi takes Royals closer to play-offs

AgencyMay 20, 20260

Jaipur, May 20: Vaibhav Sooryavanshi continued his evening ritual of leaving spectators spellbound with a…

Italian Premier Meloni hosts dinner for Modi

NT BureauMay 20, 20260

Italian Premier Giorgia Meloni hosted Prime Minister Narendra Modi for dinner and accompanied him on a visit to the iconic Colosseum ahead of their formal talks aimed at further boosting India-Italy ties.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • E-paper 20 May 2026
  • Young CC clinches TBSCA B-Zone Title 
  • KKR face must-win test
  • Sooryavanshi takes Royals closer to play-offs
  • Italian Premier Meloni hosts dinner for Modi
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 5   +   1   =  
Lost password?