Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Friday, August 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Karur case: TN govt to move SC against HC quashing govt jobs 
TAMIL NADU

Karur case: TN govt to move SC against HC quashing govt jobs 

The Tamil Nadu government on Monday evening decided to approach the Supreme Court against the Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court order quashing the government job appointments provided to the families on compassionate grounds to the kin of the Karur stampede victims.
NT BureauBy NT BureauJuly 28, 2026No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

 

Chennai, July 28:

The Tamil Nadu government on Monday evening decided to approach the Supreme Court against the Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court order quashing the government job appointments provided to the families on compassionate grounds to the kin of the Karur stampede victims.

Soon after a Division Bench of the High Court quashsed the Government Order based on which Chief Minister Vijay handed over jobs to 31 members of the victims’ families during his maiden visit to Karur on July 10, reports quoting Tamil Nadu Law Minister C T Nirmal Kumar said the government would file an appeal in the Supreme Court on Tuesday.

Defending the State’s decision, the Minister said that the beneficiaries of the job appointments were not included as respondents in the case and that the High Court has quashed has passed its order without hearing the arguments of those who had already received appointment orders.

“The government will file an appeal in the Supreme Court tomorrow morning,” the Minister said, stressing that the affected individuals must be given an opportunity to present their case.

The State government had earlier provided government jobs to the families of the deceased as part of relief measures following the Karur stampede tragedy. However, the High Court ruled that such appointments were violative of Article 14 and 16 and that it must adhere to established legal and constitutional norms governing public employment.

Karur case: TN govt to move SC against HC quashing govt jobs
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleCentre Says No Consent Clause for Cauvery Projects, Mekedatu DPR Returned
Next Article Graft Case: Court orders fresh probe against ex-AIADMK Minister, DMK MLA

Related Posts

NATION

‘Implement Cauvery water orders strictly’

August 20, 2026
NATION

Karnataka submits revised DPR for Mekedatu dam

August 20, 2026
TAMIL NADU

Massive fire at paper mill in Tirunelveli

August 20, 2026
TAMIL NADU

South CMs meet: DKS pitches Mekedatu as water-sharing solution

August 20, 2026
TAMIL NADU

Sivakasi fireworks inspections politicised: Minister Keerthana

August 20, 2026
TAMIL NADU

Priest sentenced to death for sexually assaulting minor girls

August 20, 2026
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Latest Posts

‘Implement Cauvery water orders strictly’

NT BureauAugust 20, 20260

Chief Minister Vijay on Thursday urged the Centre and the southern States to ensure that the Supreme Court’s directions and the orders of the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CWMA) on the sharing of Cauvery water are strictly implemented, while calling for inter-State river disputes to be handled with mutual trust, scientific evidence and respect for the law.

Karnataka submits revised DPR for Mekedatu dam

NT BureauAugust 20, 20260

Karnataka has submitted a revised Detailed Project Report (DPR) to the Central Government for its proposed Mekedatu dam across the Cauvery, reviving a long-standing inter-State dispute with Tamil Nadu.

Massive fire at paper mill in Tirunelveli

NT BureauAugust 20, 20260

Goods worth several lakh rupees were destroyed after a massive fire broke out at a private paper mill at Vadukampatti near Kallur in Tirunelveli district on Wednesday, with firefighting operations continuing for a second day on Thursday as the blaze remained difficult to bring under control.

South CMs meet: DKS pitches Mekedatu as water-sharing solution

NT BureauAugust 20, 20260

Karnataka Chief Minister D.K. Shivakumar on Thursday used the South Indian Chief Ministers’ Conference in Kovalam to pitch the proposed Mekedatu dam across the Cauvery as a project that, he said, could benefit both Karnataka and Tamil Nadu by storing water for use during periods of scarcity.

Sivakasi fireworks inspections politicised: Minister Keerthana

NT BureauAugust 20, 20260

Industries Minister Keerthana on Thursday accused the Opposition of politicising the issue of inspections at fireworks manufacturing units in Sivakasi, even after the government had addressed the concerns raised by workers and manufacturers.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • ‘Implement Cauvery water orders strictly’
  • Karnataka submits revised DPR for Mekedatu dam
  • Massive fire at paper mill in Tirunelveli
  • South CMs meet: DKS pitches Mekedatu as water-sharing solution
  • Sivakasi fireworks inspections politicised: Minister Keerthana
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 1   +   10   =  
Lost password?