Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Sunday, May 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • Tamilnadu Election 2026
  • Puducherry Election 2026
  • Other States Elections 2026
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • IPL 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Delhi HC pulls up Centre, IndiGo over mess
NATION

Delhi HC pulls up Centre, IndiGo over mess

NT BureauBy NT BureauDecember 10, 2025No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

The Delhi High Court on Wednesday directed crisis-hit IndiGo to compensate passengers who were stranded at airports due to the cancellation of thousands of flights, even as it blasted the Centre for failing to prevent airfares from soaring to Rs 40,000.

Calling the situation “alarming”, a division bench headed by Chief Justice DK Upadhyaya said the situation was not just about inconvenience to passengers but of the broader economic impact.

We expect adequate steps will be taken by the Civil Aviation Ministry, DGCA and IndiGo to compensate passengers who were stranded at airports at the earliest,” the High Court said. The court also pulled up the Centre for allowing the situation to precipitate and taking action only after the crisis had erupted.

“If there were a crisis, how can other airlines be permitted to take advantage? How can it go to 35-40k? You allowed the situation to precipitate,” the court said. “Such a situation is not confined to causing inconvenience to the passengers but also affects the economy of the country,” it further said.

To this, Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Chetan Sharma said strict action against IndiGo, India’s largest airline, was being taken, and a show-cause notice was already served to the carrier.

Amid IndiGo’s massive operational collapse, airfares tripled and even quadrupled in some routes. For example, ticket prices for a non-stop Delhi–Mumbai flight shot up to Rs 65,460 last week.

The Centre stepped in and capped domestic economy-class fares. It also ordered IndiGo to slash 10% of its flights, which could see more than 200 flights being cancelled daily.

As the ASG detailed the steps taken by the Centre, the High Court was not impressed and asked pointedly, “They were taken by you once the crisis erupted. The question is not this. Why at all the situation arise? And what have you been doing?”

000 even as it blasted the Centre for failing to prevent airfares from soaring to Rs 40 The Delhi High Court on Wednesday directed crisis-hit IndiGo to compensate passengers who were stranded at airports due to the cancellation of thousands of flights
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleOPS calls for AIADMK unity
Next Article Modi, Amit Shah, Rahul meet to pick CIC

Related Posts

NATION

NEET case: CBI arrests NTA-linked lecturer, says he leaked paper in tuition class

May 16, 2026
NATION

NEET exams to be computer-based from next year: Dharmendra Pradhan

May 16, 2026
NATION

EAM Jaishankar meets Iranian FM Araghchi, reviews West Asia situation

May 16, 2026
NATION

Bengal CM to hold ‘Janatar Darbar’ twice a week​

May 16, 2026
NATION

Red-Carpet Welcome for PM Modi in UAE with Air Force Escort

May 15, 2026
NATION

NEET Moves Online: Centre to Scrap Pen-and-Paper Format from 2027

May 15, 2026
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Latest Posts

Veteran Tamil Film Producer K. Rajan Dies by Suicide in Chennai

NT BureauMay 17, 20260

Popular Tamil film producer K. Rajan died by suicide on Sunday, May 17, in Chennai. He was 85. Police have registered a case and an investigation is currently underway to ascertain the circumstances leading to his death.

Rajinikanth Dismisses Rumours, Congratulates Vijay After Electoral Victory

NT BureauMay 17, 20260

Amid widespread speculation on social media following Chief Minister Vijay’s electoral victory in Tamil Nadu, actor Rajinikanth on Sunday issued a clarification while speaking to reporters at his Poes Garden residence in Chennai

TVK Cabinet Portfolios Allocated to 9 Ministers, K A Sengottaiyan Gets Finance

NT BureauMay 16, 20260

Marking a significant development in Tamil Nadu’s political landscape, portfolios have been allocated to nine ministers in the TVK cabinet. Chief Minister Vijay has retained key departments, while other Ministers have been assigned sector-specific responsibilities.

E-paper 16 May 2026

NT BureauMay 16, 20260

Governor Arlekar cuts convoy size

NT BureauMay 16, 20260

In a move aimed at promoting responsible fuel usage and administrative restraint, Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar has ordered a significant reduction in the number of police escort vehicles accompanying his official convoy across Tamil Nadu.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • Veteran Tamil Film Producer K. Rajan Dies by Suicide in Chennai
  • Rajinikanth Dismisses Rumours, Congratulates Vijay After Electoral Victory
  • TVK Cabinet Portfolios Allocated to 9 Ministers, K A Sengottaiyan Gets Finance
  • E-paper 16 May 2026
  • Governor Arlekar cuts convoy size
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 1   +   10   =  
Lost password?