Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Sunday, May 24, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • Tamilnadu Election 2026
  • Puducherry Election 2026
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • IPL 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Port-Maduravoyal expressway to get underway, cost revised to Rs 2.4K cr

Port-Maduravoyal expressway to get underway, cost revised to Rs 2.4K cr

NT BureauBy NT BureauOctober 21, 2018No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

Chennai: The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) will resume the Chennai Port-Maduravoyal elevated expressway and the project cost has been revised to Rs 2,400 crore from Rs 1,815 crore. Authorities have confirmed that the existing pillars constructed at Koyambedu would be used for the project.

NHAI has prepared a new revised detailed project report (DPR) for the elevated expressway. Union Minister of State for Finance and Shipping Pon Radhakrishnan confirmed the same and there had been many reports in news regarding the details of the project that was stalled by the erstwhile J Jayalalithaa government, citing environmental violations.

In the latest development, the project’s executing agency, NHAI is gearing to resume work on the 19-km expressway soon and authorities have confirmed that they would use the existing completed pillars after inspecting their structural strength and safety.

Sources in NHAI said, “There is no significant change in the alignment of the road. We are sticking to the original plan. Land acquisition for the project has been initiated and authorities are in the process of floating a new tender for the revised programme.”

Authorities confirmed that the twin pillars constructed for nearly five km at Koyambedu and on the Cooum River banks in Chetpet would be used. “An expert team would inspect the pillars to check the structural stability and ageing factor. Recommendations of the State government will also be taken into account,” officials said.

The Maduravoyal-Port expressway project was started in September 2010, but it was stalled in 2011 by the Jayalalithaa government stating that the construction of pillars on the Cooum river would have an adverse impact on the environment and would also result in flooding during monsoon.

Nearly 14 km of the 19 km elevated expressway runs along the Cooum. The corridor once completed is expected to de-congest traffic in Ambattur Estate Road and Ponamallee High Road.

Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleInjured Messi set to miss El Clasico
Next Article Rousing reception for Mauritius acting Prez
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Latest Posts

E-paper 23 May 2026

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Coal mine gas explosion in China kills 82

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Eighty-two people were killed in a gas explosion in a coal mine in China, according to an official media report.

Theatre owners seek ₹250 cap on ticket prices

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Representatives of the Multiplex Theatre Owners’ Association have submitted a petition to Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay, urging the Tamil Nadu government to revise movie ticket pricing and fix the maximum ticket rate at ₹250 across theatres in the state.

Vijay did not give opportunities based on caste: HR & CE Minister Ramesh

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments (HR & CE) Minister Ramesh has stated that Chief Minister Vijay has not given opportunities or responsibilities based on caste, rejecting allegations suggesting otherwise during a media interaction.

Inquiry ordered into death of nursing student at Tiruchy GH

NT BureauMay 23, 20260

The Tamil Nadu Health and Family Welfare Department has ordered a high-level inquiry into the death of a nursing student at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital (MGMGH), which is attached to the KAP Viswanatham Government Medical College in Tiruchy. The action follows allegations that the student died due to medical negligence during treatment for a nasal blockage condition.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • E-paper 23 May 2026
  • Coal mine gas explosion in China kills 82
  • Theatre owners seek ₹250 cap on ticket prices
  • Vijay did not give opportunities based on caste: HR & CE Minister Ramesh
  • Inquiry ordered into death of nursing student at Tiruchy GH
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 5   +   3   =  
Lost password?