Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Monday, May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • Tamilnadu Election 2026
  • Puducherry Election 2026
  • Other States Elections 2026
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • IPL 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » JACTO-GEO: Not ready to hold talks, TN govt tells HC

JACTO-GEO: Not ready to hold talks, TN govt tells HC

NT BureauBy NT BureauJanuary 30, 2019No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

Chennai: In response to the Madras high court’s question as to whether the Tamilnadu State government was willing to hold talks with the protesters, advocate-general Vijay Narayan said that the many cases challenging the strike were pending and that talks with the unions were already held thrice, and so the state was not ready to hold further talks. The teachers and employees have been on indefinite protest since 22 January pressing nine-point charter of demands.

Narayan’s submission was made before Justice N Kirubakaran. When asked whether the Joint Action Committee of Teachers Organisations and Government Employees Organisations (JACTO-GEO) were willing to withdraw the strike and resume work at least till the exams are over, Advocate NGR Prasad representing the Unions said that they were ready to withdraw the strike if the government was ready to hold talks with them.

To this, Narayan submitted that on Monday 24.7% of teachers did not report to work, but on Tuesday it has come down to 9.89%. The situation is nearing normalcy. Narayan also added that the government has received three lakh applications for temporary teaching posts for government schools.

Justice Kirubakaran informed that the High Court was interfering in the issue considering the plight of the students and coming exams. The court said although the teachers’ demands seemed fair, other government employees who had joined the protest didn’t have good intentions; they were trying to blackmail the State. The judge then asked the government and the teachers to arrive at an amicable solution at the earliest.

Even after a division bench directed the protesting teachers to report to work by 25 January, the teachers refused to relent.

Subsequently, a Class 12 student of a government school in Chennai had earlier moved the court seeking initiation of contempt of court proceedings against the teachers, which was, however, declined. The court also observed that it was up to the government to take action against the teachers who failed to obey court direction.

Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleFood Safety officials seize 1,000 kg of plastic from Saravana Bhavan hotel
Next Article Rahul promises to pass Women’s Bill if voted to power
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Latest Posts

Senior AIADMK leader Semmalai resigns amid party turmoil

NT BureauMay 18, 20260

Senior leader S. Semmalai on Monday resigned from the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam, intensifying the ongoing internal crisis within the party.

CM Vijay holds key consultations with Ministers

NT BureauMay 18, 20260

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay held a crucial round of high-level consultations with his cabinet colleagues, underlining a renewed focus on governance, coordination, and delivery of public welfare.

Satheesan sworn-in as Chief Minister of Keralam

NT BureauMay 18, 20260

In Keralam, the new UDF Ministry headed by senior Congress leader V. D. Satheesan was sworn in today at Thiruvananthapuram. Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar administered the oath to the new ministers.

Stalin takes indirect swipe at CM Vijay

NT BureauMay 18, 20260

At a DMK functionary’s family wedding in Thanjavur, party president M. K. Stalin launched a sharp, indirect attack on Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay, criticising the way the recent Assembly election was fought and won.

Habeebi gets a release date

NT BureauMay 18, 20260

Director Meera Kathiravan’s much-awaited film Habeebi has officially locked its release date, raising anticipation among Tamil cinema fans.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • Senior AIADMK leader Semmalai resigns amid party turmoil
  • CM Vijay holds key consultations with Ministers
  • Satheesan sworn-in as Chief Minister of Keralam
  • Stalin takes indirect swipe at CM Vijay
  • Habeebi gets a release date
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 2   +   4   =  
Lost password?