Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Saturday, August 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home Ā» Parliament issue: Congress questions Home Minister ‘s silence
Old

Parliament issue: Congress questions Home Minister ‘s silence

NT BureauBy NT BureauDecember 15, 2023No Comments
🌐 Translate ā–¾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

New Delhi: Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge on Friday asked Union Home Minister Amit Shah why he was not giving a statement in Parliament on the security breach issue but was giving interviews to TV channels.

He also asked if “illegally” suspending MPs who asked questions on the Parliament breach was justice.

“What kind of justice is it to illegally suspend opposition MPs over the huge lapse in security of Parliament and its MPs,” Kharge asked.

He said that leaders of various parties had met in the morning to discuss their joint strategy in both houses.

Several MPs suspended on Thursday for disrupting the House with their protest on the security breach issue staged a silent protest in Parliament complex against the suspension.

Kharge said the Home Minister of the country can give interviews on TV but is averse to giving a statement on the floor of Parliament.

“INDIA parties demand that Shri Amit Shah should give a statement in the Parliament and then it should be discussed in both the houses,” the Congress chief said.

“It is our duty to raise our voice on this serious issue of national security, it is our parliamentary duty,” Kharge also said in a post in Hindi on X.

AICC general secretary Jairam Ramesh concurred with his colleague’s demand for a statement from Shah on the “shocking” security breach. “MPs of the INDIA parties are demanding that the Home Minister make a statement in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha on the shocking incidents of December 13, 2023 involving intruders into the Lok Sabha whose entry was facilitated by a BJP MP Pratap Simha. “The Home Minister is simply refusing to make such a statement on what is a very serious security issue. His refusal has led both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha to get adjourned till 2 pm today,” Ramesh said after both houses were adjourned amid opposition protests.

Congress Parli llamentary Party (CPP) chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Friday joined the protest of the suspended opposition MPs in Parliament premises after both the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha were adjourned till 2 p.m. amid uproar over the December 13 security breach.

Sonia Gandhi joined the protest near the Makar Dwar of the new Parliament building.

A total of 14 MPs — 13 from Lok Sabha and one from Rajya Sabha — were suspended on Thursday for the remainder of the winter session.

Earlier in the day, the suspended MPs staged a protest in front of the Mahatma Gandhi statue in the Parliament premises.

Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Derek O’Brien has been holding a silent protest since Thursday after his suspension from the Upper House.

Meanwhile, earlier in the day Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi while commenting on the Parliamentary security breach incident said, “Whatever directions the Speaker has given, the government is following them in letter and spirit.”

Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleContempt sentence for IPS Officer in Dhoni case
Next Article LS, RS adjourned after slogan shouting

Related Posts

Old

Tamil Nadu Constituencies with Highest and Lowest Voters

February 23, 2026
Old

Good Morning With Filter Coffee

February 6, 2026
Old

Travel is a classroom without books: Stalin

February 2, 2026
Old

Avoid public talk on alliances: TNCC chief tells partymen

January 30, 2026
Old

Gold shines brighter as prices climb again

January 24, 2026
Old

TVK Gets ā€˜Whistle’ as Official Election Symbol

January 22, 2026
Add A Comment

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts

Don’t post expunged Assembly remarks as reels: Speaker

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker JCD Prabhakar on Saturday warned that remarks expunged from the House records should not be circulated on social media as reels or in any other form.

Public pay last respects to Sowcar Janaki

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Members of the public, film personalities and political leaders are paying their last respects to veteran actor Sowcar Janaki, whose mortal remains was kept at her residence in Teynampet.

Water released from Karnataka lifts Cauvery inflow

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Inflow into the Cauvery at Hogenakkal rose to 12,000 cusecs on Saturday following continued releases from Karnataka’s Kabini and Krishnarajasagar (KRS) dams, prompting authorities to maintain safety restrictions for tourists at the popular waterfall destination.

CM Vijay congratulates TN teachers on National Awards

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister C Vijay on Saturday congratulated two teachers from the state who have been selected for the National Teachers’ Awards to be presented on the occasion of Teachers’ Day.

TNCC chief flays Centre for bank withdrawal charges

NT BureauAugust 22, 20260

Tamil Nadu Congress Committee president and Virudhunagar MP B Manickam Tagore on Saturday criticised the Centre over the proposed charges for cash withdrawals from basic bank accounts, alleging that the Narendra Modi government was imposing a financial burden on poor and vulnerable sections.

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • Don’t post expunged Assembly remarks as reels: Speaker
  • Public pay last respects to Sowcar Janaki
  • Water released from Karnataka lifts Cauvery inflow
  • CM Vijay congratulates TN teachers on National Awards
  • TNCC chief flays Centre for bank withdrawal charges
Ā© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 2   +   4   =  
Lost password?