Close Menu
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
  • E-PAPER
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads YouTube
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
Login / Register Subscribe
  • HOME
  • TAMIL NADU
  • CHENNAI
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • SPORTS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EDIT
  • COLUMNS
    • POINTBLANK
    • WHY TN IS FORBIDDEN LAND
  • MIXED BAG
    • CLIMATE & WEATHER
    • EDUCATION
    • HEALTH
    • JOBS
    • LEGAL
    • LIFESTYLE
    • SCIENCE
    • TECHNOLOGY
News Today | First with the newsNews Today | First with the news
  • E-PAPER
  • POINTBLANK
  • PRIME PULSE
  • TN ECHOES
  • FIFA 2026
  • DEEP DIVE
  • GLOCAL
  • COLD FACTS
  • LEADING LIGHTS
  • CRYSTAL GAZING
  • PATTERNS
Home » Bombay HC cancels bail granted to owners of Goa nightclub where 25 people had died in fire
NATION

Bombay HC cancels bail granted to owners of Goa nightclub where 25 people had died in fire

The Bombay High Court on Tuesday cancelled the bail granted to the owners and a business partner of Birch by Romeo Lane nightclub in Goa, where a devastating fire had claimed 25 lives last December.
AgencyBy AgencyAugust 19, 2026No Comments
🌐 Translate ▾
  • Tamil
  • Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Kannada
  • Telugu
Share WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Telegram Copy Link Email

Panaji, Aug 19:

The Bombay High Court on Tuesday cancelled the bail granted to the owners and a business partner of Birch by Romeo Lane nightclub in Goa, where a devastating fire had claimed 25 lives last December.

 

A single bench of Justice Dr Neela Gokhale passed the order while hearing applications challenging the bail granted to the accused earlier by a trial court.

On December 6, 2025, a fire killed 25 people and injured 50 at the Birch by Romeo Lane nightclub in Arpora, Goa.

Saurav and Gaurav Luthra, along with their business partner Ajay Gupta, were partners in M/s Being GS Hospitality Arpora LLP, which operated the nightclub.

The three accused had been granted bail by the trial court in April this year.

The Goa bench of the High Court on Tuesday granted them two weeks to surrender before the trial court, during which they can seek bail afresh.

“The court has allowed all five applications — one each concerning the three accused in the case of culpable homicide in connection with the fire — and two applications concerning the accused in the forgery case related to obtaining permissions for the nightclub,” advocate Somnath Karpe, appearing for the prosecution, told reporters.

He said the accused has been granted two weeks to surrender and given liberty to seek bail before the trial court.

The prosecution had challenged the bail granted to the Luthra brothers and Gupta, arguing that the offences were serious in nature.

The trio was granted bail in the fire case on April 1, while the Luthra brothers were granted bail eight days later in connection with the second FIR relating to alleged forgery in obtaining permissions for the nightclub.

Bombay HC cancels bail granted to owners of Goa nightclub where 25 people had died in fire
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Email
Previous ArticleProtest, Permission
Next Article State can’t take away life in manner incompatible with human dignity, says SC

Related Posts

NATION

Chamoli tunnel accident: Bodies of 2 more workers found

August 19, 2026
NATION

Should be mandatory for education officials to send their kids to govt schools, says Abhijeet Dipke

August 19, 2026
NATION

Sang same ‘Vande Mataram’ as followed by national leaders: Kharge on charges of ‘incomplete’ version

August 19, 2026
NATION

State can’t take away life in manner incompatible with human dignity, says SC

August 19, 2026
NATION

Delhi cops deny excessive force during CJP protest

August 18, 2026
NATION

8 labourers killed as pick-up vehicle collides with truck 

August 18, 2026
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Login
Notify of
guest
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Latest Posts

Arumbakkam Metro to get seven-storey commercial complex

NT BureauAugust 19, 20260

Chennai, Aug 19: Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) is planning to construct a multi-storey…

Railways to upgrade drinking water facilities at 20,000 locations

NT BureauAugust 19, 20260

Chennai, Aug 19: The Indian Railways has launched a major initiative to improve drinking water…

Anna Salai elevated road project faces delay

NT BureauAugust 19, 20260

Chennai, Aug 19: The ₹621-crore Anna Salai elevated road project between Teynampet and Saidapet is…

IndiGo flight from Tiruchy to Chennai delayed by six hours

NT BureauAugust 19, 20260

Chennai, Aug 19: An IndiGo flight from Tiruchy to Chennai was delayed by nearly…

Chennai MRTS to be handed over to TN govt

NT BureauAugust 19, 20260

Chennai, Aug 19: The Ministry of Railways has approved the MoU between Southern Railway and…

About
About
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
Latest Posts
  • Arumbakkam Metro to get seven-storey commercial complex
  • Railways to upgrade drinking water facilities at 20,000 locations
  • Anna Salai elevated road project faces delay
  • IndiGo flight from Tiruchy to Chennai delayed by six hours
  • Chennai MRTS to be handed over to TN govt
© 2026 NewsTodayNet.com. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Maintained by Gifted Technologies.
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Prove your humanity: 5   +   2   =  
Lost password?